Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bostik

Smile Gestetner MP C2500 Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious about something. I've been asked to check why this lady's printer is not doing its stuff correctly.

The lady mentioned they had been using xerox printers, until it started to malfunction(only printing in red)

They switched to a gestetner MP 2500 after the xeroxes started giving problems. The Gestetner MP C2500 Isn't printing at all, but it is connected to the network. I know the link is working fine because I can use hp image zone and scan from it.

What could be the problem?

I suppose the lady tried to install some drivers herself that could be whats wrong, but I am clueless about what driver to use myself.

Could you guys please try and give me advice on this? I would really like to help the lady out, even though my expertise is not in the field of printers or networking.

Kind Regards
    Bostik

Gestetner Multifunctional device:
    MP C2500 | Gestetner UK

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    If the machine is connected to a network, give it a static IP address, then do the 'add a new printer' from the computer. Tell it local printer, then create a TCP/IP port with the address you assigned the copier. Download the PCL or RPCS driver from the Gestetner website, and point the add printer wizard to it when it asks. Finish the wizard, and you should be good to go.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I agree with Fearless.

More than likely, the MP C2500 doesn't have the Postscript option. So while the job gets there, it ends up being ignored and flushed because the machine can't handle the data.

It wasn't too long ago that the MFP would have printed about a tree's worth of gibberish, AKA a PostScript dump. The machines were redesigned to ignore it, instead.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    It wasn't too long ago that the MFP would have printed about a tree's worth of gibberish, AKA a PostScript dump. The machines were redesigned to ignore it, instead.
    I've not seen any ignore it yet. We have new Savin 9040s and such in the field that will print pages of garbage symbols from Postrscript prints.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Gestetner MP C2500 Question

Your first screen detects, that you have used the wrong cd (maybe per accident), dont use the scanner and utilities cd, use the printer driver cd.

If you want to load a driver from the ricoh page, choose the approbiate pcl5 driver fro your operation system, these are working most without problems
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Re: Gestetner MP C2500 Question

Hello
    go to Ricoh uk,
    select download, select multifunction m/c,
    ricoh mpc 2500,
    download from site what ever op system they are using eg xp win 7
    hope this helps

http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduser...ional+Products