Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kip Help

copydude

Kip Help

The other night we had a huge storm blow through, I got caught on the unawares as this was supposed to miss us.. That said.... My Kip 3001 has a read error, tmr/unattendedstatus and trimer read error.

Job: tmr Unattended Stauts
    D:\monpath\Logdir\StatInfor\KIPunattend.DAT
    Current Routine: tmr Unattened Status
    Error Place 23
    it also has another pop up

Condition 52: Bad file name or number
    Timer Check for Paper

on teh front of the machine under a small plastic cover is an lED read out.. that correctly identifies the loaded paper... odd thing is that even though it has cycl buttons (up and down arrows) and a menu button.. when I try to go through it, it remains unchanged... no other display appears

copydude
    okay looks like I got a portion repaired and messed up some more...
    I used the factory restore embedded in the program.. but still got the monpath error,..
    Through some research it looked like a job i had queued was lopping causing the problems.. deleted all the stuff in the temp files..
    but had an issue with the kip programing on the C drive messing up.. copied identical info from the D in to C and the error codes went away and kip.ini was able to load
    the problem I am facing now is inputing all the codes (6) for the added portions.. the scanner, networking , color mode, etc..
    I go into the menu and select new number.. I set it.. it shows ok.. then verifying code.. no error... but no check mark verifying acceptance.. and nothing is actually functioning

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I hate to say but in service mode there is an option to reimage the hard drive from a backup. It may need this then reload the keys for the options.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

copydude
    I tryed it won't take

copydude
    Whoop! Dr. Spock Your still the best okay I had tried it earlier from the diagnostic folder on the desktop, It showed the Sympantic ghost adn everythign was still messed up.. but when I saw you said the service mode/// Well I tried that.. I was going to earlier but couldn't find the admin pass remember that song Jenny? 867-5309 !!! so I input it..told it to copy from Hard drive image... rebooted.. input teh codes! they took finally ! rebooted!! and now after all my network settings!! completed!

Thanks for the support once more!! you Rock

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kip Help

Re: Kip Help

Ok, I know it's an old thread but it's new to me.

I did end up ghosting the PC successfully on the Kip7000, and to my great surprise it actually worked when I was done. Just so you don't have to struggle as much as I did, I'd like to give a few recommendations:

1) Bring a USB CDROM player, a USB keyboard, and the appropriate Restore Disk. It's really hard to do without these items.
    2) Insert the restore disk into your player, and plug in the peripherals.
    3) Power On, When the Bios screen comes up tap F12 (that's why you have the keyboard).
    4) Select Boot from USB-CDROM, then Enter
    5) When you see the phrase at the bottom "Press any key to continue ... " go ahead and press any key. You have about one second to do so.
    6) then be really patient.
    7) After about an hour you will get to the Kip Installation screen. Go through the installation, including the Key Codes (you might have to get those from Kip).

It must have re-booted 6 or 7 times. Each time I began to sweat profusely. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=