Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    I would call the Oki Dealer Support Hotline. 1866 654 1725.

Technician

Oki Es3640

We are not Oki authorized dealers.
    But do need to get the HDD.
    Any other Ideas???

Thank you!!

JRCS

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OKI ES3640e errors

Hello everyone. Guys I have a several OKI ES-3640e machines.
    few of them do not recognize the toner cartridges, as I learned from the web forums - it needs firmware update - can someone share the file please?
    Also 3 machines came without HDD at all - thanks for a new law I guess, we had purchased exactly same HDD's and cloned them on special device from a good working HDD but it says "Unauthorized something" - how that can be fixed please? I know on Canons, you can connect to the machine with the blank HDD and write Software on it from the PC, is there similar procedure on OKI? Please help! I am willing to compensate your assistance. Please PM me or Email UnlimitedBT@yahoo.com
    Thank you.
    Roman.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    Roman,

The OKI isn't so easy. The problem with the harddrive is that it has the Fiery software (Linux OS) on the harddrive. I could be wrong, but I think the only way to get what you need is to order the preimaged hard drive from OKI. To flash firmware on these machines OKI uses a USB thumbdrive and a jumper flipped on the main board. PM me a serial number and I can try calling OKI and see what they say.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you Mr. Dallas Tech, I will check serial number and reply.
    Let me ask you please- we had successfully cloned many Canon HDD, say 95% worked, why can't I clone OKI? Would you know?
    If I must buy one, where can I get it without giving up my underwear? I mean lets say Canon IR3320 - a $6000 - 7000 machine, HDD cost me $125 from canon dealer, OKI was skyrocking.
    Thank you for your help.
    Roman.

d2p group

Re: Oki ES3640 Communication error

Hi i found your info about this machine just wondering how you got on about fixing the problem.
    I also have the same error on my machine. I will be much appriciated if you can share any info on this matter.
    Thank you very much.

d2p group

My customer has an Oki Es3640 when you power on you get the message initialising please wait 5 minutes.
    after around 4 minutes the message communication error appears on the screen.
    I have looked for the obvious all connections are good the fuser is getting warm all cvers are closed.
    Any advise Please. Is there any one who have experienced this similar problem. Any help advice will be much appriciated.
    Many Thanks.

wavemp

Angry Re: Oki ES3640 Communication error

Please, has anyone fixed the problem ?
    Is it necessary to buy a new hd from Oki ?
    I think that after i payed $10.000 for this printer, a new hd for $500 is too much.
    Why ? For the copy write of the software that i have payed when i bought the printer ?
    No ! This is a theft !
    Please, tell me how did you fixed the problem !

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi, unfortunately as frustrating as it seems, there is no fix for that issue other than replacing the HDD. I did spent enormous effort trying to figure out the solution. I went as far as purchasing precisely same HDD and tried to copy healthy HDD on it using industrial grade HDD duplication equipment, Installed LINUX Ubuntu and tried the same with it - no success. Later when discussed this matter with computer industry professionals opinion was expressed that Software on HDD checks S/N of HDD and/or S/N of EPROM on it. If there is a mismatch - won't work. What I learned so far that HDD fails on these units from improper shutdowns and if power fails while HDD has information on it (say, a user ctotal ripoffan't clear paper jam error and powercycles the machine - I've seen this done many times)
    So, I guess the only thing you can do is call OKI and express your opinion about your situation, whatever leaded to HDD fail is a matter for different discussion but $500+ for stinken $40 HDD is total ripoff

wavemp

Thank you very much for reply.
    Do you known where can i buy this HDD ?