Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki ES3640 Communication error

Hi, I had this same issue with an OKI CX3641 MFP,.. after calling oki they advised me to replace the HDD witch i did.. i ordered the HDD from Senecadata.com, an authorized OKI dealer, cost: USD 500.00, but unfortunately when i installed the new HDD i got the same error again "communication error" so i contacted oki again, they told me then the next step is to replace the PCB cost: USD 1750.00 these prices are ridiculous high for an discontinued machine.

So i decided to buy another machine, 2nd hand and slightly used for that same PCB price.

And now after using the machine for some time, i am having another error msg; incompatible toners, and the ready lamp won't come on, all toners are genuine OKI.

I got this msg after doing a calibration in service mode, and also changed the OKI user settings to OEMA in System maintenance OKI user.

The reason i changed to OEMA is because the printer did not accept letter size from bypass when using the PS driver only.

I did not see any warning in the service manual for not to do the change, i tried to get it back to the default settings but the msg stayed.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jose Antonio

Hello,

I managed to clone a HDD of OKI ES3640e and it works. My problem was that "Initializing" remained and could not print.

The method I followed is with a laptop and CDLive of CloneZillla. There are many manuals on how to use on Internet.

Any questions do not hesitate to ask.

###--------------------------------------------------###

Hola,

He conseguido clonar un HDD de una OKI ES3640e y funciona. Mi problema era que se quedaba "Inicializando" y no podia imprimir.

El metodo que he seguido es hacerlo con un portatil y el CDlive de CloneZillla. Hay muchos manuales en internet de como usarlo.

Cualquier duda no dudeis en preguntarme.

Quote Originally Posted by chivozx View Post
    Hello,

I managed to clone a HDD of OKI ES3640e and it works. My problem was that "Initializing" remained and could not print.

The method I followed is with a laptop and CDLive of CloneZillla. There are many manuals on how to use on Internet.

Any questions do not hesitate to ask.

###--------------------------------------------------###

Hola,

He conseguido clonar un HDD de una OKI ES3640e y funciona. Mi problema era que se quedaba "Inicializando" y no podia imprimir.

El metodo que he seguido es hacerlo con un portatil y el CDlive de CloneZillla. Hay muchos manuales en internet de como usarlo.

Cualquier duda no dudeis en preguntarme.
    Hola, sería posible obtener la imagen que utilizaste del disco duro? Mi impresora se queda tambien Inicializando y no termina de cargar.
    Gracias

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Copying the HDD does not work. It is possible that Software looks at S/N of the HDD when booting so if different HDD is used, it will have a different S/N.
    Your best bet would be getting a used, working HDD off the ebay when becomes available or something like that and in the future always turn the machine off VIA power button first, don't just shut flip down the switch. This goes the same way even you're got an error message, hold that button till machine shuts down.

Hello.
    You mean to buy a generic hard disk? or a hard disk from another printer?
    Will be possible to clone the (theoretical) damaged disk to another generic hard disk?
    I always turn off the printer holding the button till shutdown message apears.
    Thanks.

Hello. I made a reset of this printer and now it starts ok. The problem now is an error message 615, 616, 617 ,618 "imcompatible toner". I didn't changed the toners and they are originals. I tried to change the black one for another original and the problem is the same. I tried to change the okiuser options between oda, oel.... and disabling the toner sensor and the problem remains... Can anybody help with this?
    Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by centrodeformacionjavea View Post
    Hello. I made a reset of this printer and now it starts ok. The problem now is an error message 615, 616, 617 ,618 "imcompatible toner". I didn't changed the toners and they are originals. I tried to change the black one for another original and the problem is the same. I tried to change the okiuser options between oda, oel.... and disabling the toner sensor and the problem remains... Can anybody help with this?
    Thanks
    La unica forma de reparar la maquina es cambiando el HDD, no se por que no se puede clonear es HDD, como dijeron en anteriormente - nesecitas otro HDD original cuesta $425.00 - trata de comseguir uno de ebay.

JRCS

Quote Originally Posted by JRCS View Post
    La unica forma de reparar la maquina es cambiando el HDD, no se por que no se puede clonear es HDD, como dijeron en anteriormente - nesecitas otro HDD original cuesta $425.00 - trata de comseguir uno de ebay.

JRCS
    Lo que hice fue entrar en el menú de servicio (creo que se llama así) con las teclas arriba-abajo y help presionadas al arrancar. En ese menu hice un reset del servidor y arranco bien... de hecho hice varias fotocopias perfectamente. Pero al apagarla por la noche y volver a encenderla el dia siguiente me salen los errores de toner incompatible.

En cualquier caso si encontrara un disco duro, serviria? Más arriba en este hilo hablan de que tiene que tener el mismo numero de serie o algo asi...
    Gracias

I have just picked up a CX 3641 with this problem. I had the idea of running a disc repair utility on it. And I will post here if that is successful.

Other than paying $500 to OKI there's still no fix for this right?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jluxster View Post
    I have just picked up a CX 3641 with this problem. I had the idea of running a disc repair utility on it. And I will post here if that is successful.

Other than paying $500 to OKI there's still no fix for this right?
    Hi..let me know your findings..i have two of these units in storage with similar problems

Hope i can fix at least one of them..i like their copy quality and build in fiery driver