Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

oce cm3522 iu life stop

To Keep should the setting Be Normal Or Suspend to prevent copier from Stopping

Re: oce cm3522 iu life stop

Sorry for the crappy typing...I was on my phone. Anyway I am used to Konica Minoltas where the IU Life Stop is either Stop or No Stop. I am working on a CM3522 that shows Normal or Suspend. I guessed and set it to suspend. I based this on the fact that it was set to Normal and since the KM machine default is Stop I assumed that Normal = Stop and Suspend = No Stop.
    Hope I was right.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    oce cm3522 iu life stop

I dont know if KM offered the firmware version to Oce that allows you to suspend IU warning, fuser warnings and T-belt warning. If you put it on suspend the machine wont shut down due to IU's but will pop a screen up telling them to replace the IU and they will have to hit OK before they can copy.

Yeah that is what I did and it worked. Where is the setting (if this machine has it) that allows you to turn off any indicator at all? I did remember seeing consumable life warning or similar and it was turned off.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    oce cm3522 iu life stop

1st you have to have the firmware that allows this and I dont know if it was ever given to Oce which I doubt seeing that they have to get their IU's from KM and they dont have a ongoing relationship after Canon bought them. When the proper FW is installed its done through the soft switches but on the off chance that that version is available for the 3522 let me know I would love to have a copy!