Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Kip 7100 - Light/no image left side of page.

I ended up replacing the whole developer unit assy. That's corrected everything.. Hopefully won't have anymore issues.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

First off I realize that this is quite an old thread. I have a Kyocera 4820 which seems to be a very similar unit. The issue with the 4820 is a shading on the left side that is about 4 inches wide. Recently I performed the developer maintenance Kit A (PN DV-960). The kit includes seals, rollers, scraper etc. A few weeks after performing the maintenance the shading issue began. The shading is not consistent. It will began dark and lighten up a little after a length of 18" or so. Then the cycle begins again of a darker shade that lightens a little. However, there always seems to be a shading.

From what I have read here I may have to adjust the pressure on the developer unit.

I'm hoping that someone can shed light on this issue. This is unfortunately our only wide format in service and I don't have much experience with the unit. Help would definitely be appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Recheck the developer unit pressure and then reset Bias count 3 to 0 in the service mode. All this is in the service manual. Let us know if you need anymore help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had this a while back. Clean wires AND fiber optics as well as leds. Customer still complained about light areas until I isolated it to yellow highlights on his drawing. Small boxes indicating something would leave light areas with about a 2-3 inch diameter

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Sorry just realized old thread