Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Imagistics IM 4720 jamming at exit/turnover unit

Machine will pass one sheet of paper through to finisher with no problems. When feeding multiple pages, first page stops in exit/turnover unit. Machine was moved from one location to another and that is when trouble began. Found that one sensor actuator was out of place and corrected. Page will exit fuser, go down side of machine, but then will not come back up to exit to finisher. When this happens machine gives a C-0210 code. What is this code telling me and what am I missing on exit side of machine?

Cashmere

Re: Imagistics IM 4720 jamming at exit/turnover unit

My experience with these, is if the copier has 700K (+/-) the sensor actuator becomes shorter form abrasion by the paper. Replace the actuator to the copier exit. If that is not an option, find some mylar material with adhesive back and cut a tiny strip about a half inch long but no wider than the sensor lever and apply it to the lever extending its length about 1/16". Other possibility is that the exit door latch handle is cracked. When paper arrives the interlock is disengaged and jam occurs. I have replaced several of these. Great machine....good luck!
    The C-0210 code is the transfer/separation unit leaking. Maybe just a bad connection. Lower the transport deck, pull the T/S unit out, inspect it for toner build up, cracks in the end housings, crooked springs etc...anything that does not look normal. Likely just a poor connection from being moved. Put it back in and move the transport deck securly back with deliberation.