Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    QuickPrint

Oce TDS 600 dirty prints (need help on fixing it)

If someone could help me out, I am in a bit of a pinch, our company has a Oce tds 600, but right now the prints are dirty, there is a lot of vertical lines, it used to print well just 3 days ago. I have cleaned most of the inside where ink usually drops. I also replaced the corona wire but no change in print quality. (its so hard to get technical support at my place because we are so far from civilization...)

Any suggestion that can help?

I have attached a picture of the printout.
    sample print.jpg

(I only have a little knowledge of fixing this type of machine, please be patient with me)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oce TDS 600 dirty prints (need help on fixing it)

Cleaned the corona wire of charging unit? Is the corona wire still in good condition or is it somehow gray already?

Considering that your charging unit is still good. One to check is your developer. This looks like an overtone in your developing. Second one is your drum. Do you have any idea how old is your drum? or how many linear meter has it printer? Check physically also the drum on what the condition looks like?

QuickPrint

Quote Originally Posted by vishop View Post
    Cleaned the corona wire of charging unit? Is the corona wire still in good condition or is it somehow gray already?

Considering that your charging unit is still good. One to check is your developer. This looks like an overtone in your developing. Second one is your drum. Do you have any idea how old is your drum? or how many linear meter has it printer? Check physically also the drum on what the condition looks like?

Corona wire of the charging unit? is it the wire above the drum? if yes I did vacuum it and wipe it with a slightly damp paper towel.

I recently replaced the corona wire its only been used for at least 2wks from now.

The drum is new we've been only using it for 2 months now and we have not printed that much for the past 2 months.

How do I check the developer? and is there a calibration for an overtone?

thank you for the advise. I hope you get back at me when you have the time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes the charging unit is the one slightly above the drum. on top of the cleaning unit.
    I clean the corona wire with a damp cotton buds and the grid wire with a damp tissue, wipe it inside and out.

When you replaced the drum, you sure its a new piece?

you will need a OCE TSM to do calibration for the developer. most of the time replacement of the developer is a better option. but still when you replace it, you will still need the OCE TSM to do adjustment.

Visually, you can open the developing and check. when you touch it, you can feel a coarse substance when you rub it, its the developer. When its fine, its the toner.

QuickPrint

Hi Vishop,

thank you for your help. You were right about the charging unit being dirty on the inside, theres alot of toner that i did not manage to clean with a vacuum.

After swabbing it with a damp cotton buds it solves everything! that gave me a lot of relief after it started working again.

I did not check the developer, as for the drum I doubled check its kinda new but seems like an old stock, since it already started working i did not replace the drum. But i did request our company to get a new one.

I really appreciate your advise, you just save our company a lot of $$$.

I cannot thank you enough!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No problem. Anytime

Nice that you did it.

QuickPrint

No problem. Anytime

Nice that you did it.

Hi Vishop,

It's me again I hope you remember me. You help me last 3 mos ago on our OCE TDS 600.

If you have the spare time I would like to have your opinion regarding our OCE. The prints have been inconsistent this past few days, in the morning the prints are really good but after a while of use, around lunch time on the same day the print gets dirtier. Come another day the same thing happens on the morning the first few prints its really good but after so many prints it gets dirty, its like the print quality resets every morning. Any idea on whats causing the problem? any tip will help. Thanks.

I have not replace any parts since the incident last 3 months ago.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi,

Can you show me a sample? Is the whole print dirty or a portion of it, clean and the rest dirty? After around how many prints before it happens?

QuickPrint

Hi,

Can you show me a sample? Is the whole print dirty or a portion of it, clean and the rest dirty? After around how many prints before it happens?

Hi Vishop,

I have attached a sample print out of the OCE

the prints gets dirty after printing atleast 20 pcs of 24x36. But this morning after just printing 5 prints its gets dirty again.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi,

Been very busy lately. By "cleaning was conducted", what did you clean?" Charging Corona is good right? I would doubt the drum or the developer. Looks more like a drum to me. Have u got any drum there for swap and test?