Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copydude

Kip 3100 light copies

I recently ate a huge job because the copies weren't dark enough, I was able to salvage and reprint by changing the scale in the settings. However each job is getting lighter it seems to need the developer changed, but I haven't found a source or info for Developer for a kip. My meter count is 143397 and other than replacing a gear I have had no service done on this machine, I have the service manual version A.1 but could use some experienced knowledge here.
    Thanks in advance.
    Karl

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kip 3100 light copies

These machines are mono component. You should pull the DV unit out and look at the roller. It should be completely covered in toner and have a satin finish. If not you may have to rebuild the unit. Sometimes you can get by just scrubing down the roller. There is a squence on pressurizinng those that you should follw in the book

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Even though these machines are monocomponent there still need to have the dev replaced at times. With 143 K on the machine it sounds like you need to go through and give it a good cleaning (corona wires lens, etc) and probably resolve most of your problems. The developer rolled definitely needs to be serviced quite regularly.
    Good Luck

copydude

Duh.. good idea, I will jump on that soonest.. do you have a source for the dev etc.
    Karl

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I do not have a source for the KIP developer, I order mine directly from a Kip dealer. May be paying to much for it but I use very little of it. You might try checking out this website, it is a bulletin board website for the KIP products. www.keepitprinting.com They have a forum section for questions etc. I use it quite often.