Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copier Guardian

DP-3030 Light Copies?

Good Friday afternoon!
    Having quite a battle with a few machines in the field. the DP-2330/3030 series. Here is the issue, Customer originally called in for Light Copies, PM cycle was close for developer/ OPC Drum. Went ahead and did OEM Drum/ Developer / Toner. Did F8-09 & F8-14. Checked Doc Blade Gap, cleaned LVPS/HVPS had a error on the F8-14 - E03-40. Cleaned the transfer roller/replaced with OEM and the CDS PCB which cleared the error.

Flash forward a few weeks later, 3,524 copies later. Customer calls back with same request for service. Light Copies.

Printed out F1 - Page Memory Test to check the Squares for density and its light. Its almost like no toner is being added to developer. Manually went in and added toner. Re-Ran test/ calibrations. Checked everything. No improvement?

Whats next, re-exchance the developer again? I have been having the same issues on multiple machines across different customers. They call in for Light copies and I exchange the Developer and Drums for fresh ones and a week or so later, same issue. Is there perhaps something I might be missing?

Pulling my hair out over here.

Copier Guardian

Re: DP-3030 Light Copies?

oh, and I have also swapped in a TDC Sensor ( L2DA00000127 ) as well!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Where is your F6-21 at? (Should start at around -36 for a new dev, and -58 for a dev around 120k).Also, you might have to increase yout F6-26 (tdc judgement level) so it wont take too long before adding toner.

Copier Guardian

Another customer with the a 3030 called said they have light copies as well.

F6-21 on most of the machines are in between "-37" & "-47", some use OEM toner/druns and some use compatible toners/drums. ALL OEM developer but its spread out upon a mix of machines in the field.

I usually pop in once in a while and clean the charge roller, transfer roller and check for developer dumping. Its the 6th machine now I have in the field that is randomly producing these copy quality issues.

So far I have been just replacing developer ( cleaning out the developer unit (also removing the TDC sensor and vac. the unit completely clean (mag roller etc)) and setting the doc blade gap.

Everything appears to be "normal".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you set your f6-21 by +10 (from like -37 to -27), and run black copies, does it add toner?