Panasonic dp-c265 e-501 trouble

Hello all ,
    This is my first post on this forum Thank you (newbie ).

I need an advice on how to completely resolve this problem .
    The service manual says E-501 is an interlock switch failure "check fuses F1(1.0A) & F14 (2.5A)
    on the EC board . Checks on this board showed that +24v is available on the EC(engine control ) board
    but F14 was blown . Fuse listings in the manual defined F14 as "all fans harness short ".
    All cooling fans on the copier were checked and found to be okay .
    The EC board was checked and F14 was replaced, E-501 cleared and copier was okay.
    However after about an hour , E-501 showed up again . F14 was blown!
    This time around , the power mosfet J598 on the EC board was "shorted "
    Could "all fans harness short " mean a bad EC board or the cooling fan harness wiring is bad ?
    I dont want to fit a new engine control board that will damaged if I am not certain all issues have been resolved

Thanks .

Technician

Re: Panasonic dp-c265 e-501 trouble

Hi.
    The Fan has a PCB drive, you can see the fan can work properly, but a fault from the fan PCB cause the error code.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Panasonic dp-c265 e-501 trouble

It's a Panasonic run away!!! but if you can't check this bulletin out. There was also a bulletin about replacing the 2 fans in the back of the machine (same fan part numbers). I don't remember what model it was on and/or which generation it was for but maybe someone else has that bulletin. I think it threw a different code. One is right there when the back cover is removed the other one is behind the board below the scanner and just takes a little bit more to remove. Either way if your board has fried it may not be worth it to repair, Panasonic is out of the copier business and has been for 6(???) years.

Good luck