Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Wheedoggi

Panasonic FP 7818

I have a Pan 7818 where the waste toner builds up in a pile in the middle of the drum unit behing the cleaning blade. The coil is turning and dumping some waste into the waste bottle. I vac it out and everything is OK then it happens again after a few weeks. I have seen this problem in the past and can't remember if Pan resolved it.

Technician
    They did resolve it with mylars that would clean the auger. Or knock the toner off the auger that is, so the toner wont build up on the auger. I have no idea if they still sell that mylar or even the part number. But i am sure that is something you can make yourself if need be.
    Good luck Robert

Wheedoggi

Toner

Cheers Rob, It has the mod fitted.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    It does that when the middle of the mylar come unglued (even slightly)....Panasonic calls this part "loop mylar" pn# FFPHK1068B. Th.

Wheedoggi
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check that on my next visit.

Garren Northrop

you need a toner support its a strip of plastic that peels off and you put a new one on it i also know that its could be heat thats causeing your prob take out the fan filters and this helps

Wheedoggi

Smile

Hi Garren, thanks for the info. The support strip is OK I checked it, but the heat could be a problem, Small office with quite a bit of kit in there running all day.

Greg2003
    Garren is right on about the heat. Years back, we had about 10 machines doing this 18cpm - 50cpm. Remove the exhaust filters above the fuser.

Greg

Wheedoggi
    Many thanks for your help.