Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP-3510

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

DP-3510

I have a panasonic dp-3510 that I am trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

It was first reported with black vertical lines. I looked at the device and it had toner throughout so I did a quick cleaning to it. The black lines went away but it started to to print dirty copies. Had a grey dusting to the complete background. Printed about 50 copies thinking the dusting would go away but no luck.

I tried to switch to photo mode and lighten the copy to see if it lightened the greying on the background which it did not. At this point I removed the drum and took it apart and throughly cleaned it (the sensors, corona wire, etc). Also cleaned the sensor in the developer. Did another cleaning on the machine as this was a two days later to be sure. The grey dusting was still there after cleaning.

I went performed a F525 to disable the quantum, sensors in the drum to see if this would help. Was thinking something was causing an overtoning. When I disabled this the greying went away, however there was a group of spots on the front (of device) leading edge quadrant. (paper is feeding long edge). This would mean spots are in the bottom left corner. If I turned on the quantum in F525 they spots went away but the grey dusting would come back. But the spots never appeared with the grey dusting.

Again I took it apart did another cleaning thinking maybe it was picking something up for some reason. After I did this cleaning the spots appear in the same place wether quantum is on or off now. I have not been able to see anything to correspond on the drum. I have cheated the door with the quantum off to make sure its not always dumping toner and leading to a overtone issue. I have stopped test with the page at the point of when the spots would appear if it was with the drum but do not see anything on the drum. The spots are there but a faint until it passes through the fuser.

I know the spots are not on the glass as well. I have printed some test patterns from F1 and they appear on there as well. I think the grey dusting/dirty copy is b/c something is up with the sensors in the drum trying to over compensate. Due to it stopping when I turn off F525. Does that sound correct or could it be due to the developer being over toned and not the sensors?

Also any ideas what would be causing the spots in that area now. I have not worked on this device before and no history on whats been done yet as for maintaince. The machine has 550k pages on it and know that developer is good for 240k which would put it inbetween.

Any help is very appreciated. I have very little knowledge of copies and this one is being a pain.

Jetbase

DP-3510 buit in vacuum

The secret is clean everything especially main printed cicuit as these tend to blow with too much toner on them.
    The problem with these machines is that they are designed to run dirty to obtain 1200 dpi, and to try to overcome this there is in my opinion is a built in vacuum cleaner and the bag that is located inside on the RH side is far too small.
    You will probably notice toner at the vent. Remove the RH panel 3 screws panel toward the rear. behind the vent is a fan and just below is a black cover which slides out usually with excess toner, you will see inside this compartment that the filter bag also slides out. good idea to vac till clean. The lines are usually more promenent when duplexing, a good idea is to remove the duplex unit and thoroughly clean this also. Finally take out the developer tank, there is a panel on the underside the entire length of the dev tank that unclips from the tank at each end, this will be loaded with toner and needs to be cleaned also the underside of the tank, be aware of the toner sensor. Techs often mistake the dev to be used up because there is a certain amount of puffing when the mag roller is spun.
    The problem can be reduced by turning off the quantum by the following F6 codes C 95 enter -3 for C 96 enter-30 for C 97 enter -10. Before doing anything else clean both drum sensors under the drum finger assy. If there is excess toner on the ledge it is probably the toner holder beneath the drum blade. When the machine is back together (do not forget to clean the optics) take a reading of the developer count in F7 note it down then perform F8 -C09, machine runs for about 7 mins. Return to F7 maintenace and re input the dev count taken earlier. This will be the end of your woes for a while? Hope this is useful
    Last edited by Jetbase; 11-18-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: more info