Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DP3510 Half print out

Hai all,need help.
    Problem:
    When using Df, the print out is half only,but when i use the plattern glass ,the print out is full page.
    Any solution? Thanks.
    p/s :I attach with the print out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    check ADF sensors {length and width} in F-4

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Paper orientation is set wrong ie LT instead of LT-R OR you need to turn on auto image rotate in the general settings.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybug View Post
    check ADF sensors {length and width} in F-4
    Thank you jaybug

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Paper orientation is set wrong ie LT instead of LT-R OR you need to turn on auto image rotate in the general settings.
    Thank you mojorolla,i will check

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I check the paper orientation ,i change the sc,spc board ,ccd ,ccd cable,update the firmware ,the problem still remain the half print, when i copying only but for printer printing there is no problem. I am in the wits end and any suggestion will much appreciate.
    Thank in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Has the machine been move to another room? My salesman pinched the DF wire harness going through a doorway. The underside (hidden from view) of the heavy protective sleeve was stressed and cracked. Inside was a broken wire for a duplex motor. On a brand new install, at least he fessed up later.

Does the original size on the control panel match all the paper sizes you place in the ADF? Remove the cover (2 screws) for the cover to the left of the ADF slit glass. Watch the lamp on time while scanning. Easier on longer paper 11x17. What happens copying on legal or ledger through ADF? Duplex? Out of trays 2, 3, bypass. Does it have a fax or scanning for testing purposes? Test those if they do.

Sounds like a sensor or pinched wire in ADF, misreading original size.. Recheck sensor outputs and move wires while activated.

If you think it's software issue.....perform shipment set....F9-06-03. You will lose everything programed and have to re-input it when done. i.e.; ip address, customer info, timer settings, etc... so print F6/F7/F9 before going down this road.

Good Luck.

michaelfriedrich_2

Exclamation Half copy syndrome (typical problem for first series DP)

I just have to put in my two cents worth here. I am factory trained and I have dealt with Panasonics for 14 of my 16 years of copier repair. I have encountered the dreaded intermittent "half-copy" syndrome many times on the DP-3510, DP-4510, and DP-6010 MFP copiers. I called Panasonic tech support and other dealers with NO help. The only thing I know is we swapped out or sold different machines because it was serious enough of a problem that we couldn't fix. The problem is the signal between the scanner and the SC board. Don't know if it gets signal interference, or if its a bad connection somewhere, or faulty firmware even. I've tried everything myself....countless new parts with no improvement. Anything that is printed, either internally (service logs or user settings) or from a computer is fine. It is randomly ONLY when copying from the ADF or the glass.....at least in my experiences. Perfectly erasing documents in half (and no matter which direction they are copied). I thought I was the only lucky guy to run into this problem, but now I know I'm not. Welcome to my world! Sorry to hear all of those parts didn't fix it, though.

I have seen this on an 8035 and ended up having to replace hard drive. Not sure if 3510 has hard drive its been awhile since we are a sharp dealer now!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    What about auto size sensing? I think they have a size card on the tray like the newer 80 series. You can turn it on and off in F5 or you can set it manually, which would override the size card. I would empty all paper and run from the bypass, tray 1,2 etc...