Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

C264 Developer Calibration

Going to be changing the black Developer powder on a 264 in the near future (customer ran the toner bottle dry and killed the developer) and I have some questions. The first question is when using F8-11 what exactly does it do vs. F8-09?

Second question, are all developers calibrated at the same time? The manual does not mention if F8-11 affects all developers or not, or if all developers need to be changed at the same time or if they can be changed at different intervals. Which leads into my third question:

Can the developers be changed individually or do they have all have to be changed at the same time? My guess is that they can be changed individually.

Any advice is appreciated. On a side note: has anyone else read the developer replacement procedure for the 264 in the official Panasonic service manual? It's funny how after you have the machine back together, you leave the front door open, and then preform F8-09 or F8-11, THEN you plug the machine in, turn it on, and then close the front door. Had to laugh when I first read it. Most likely a misorder in the steps.

Thanks.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    F8-09 has to be performed when replacing dev unit+ dev. F8-11 when replacing dev only(different coz of counter resets ). You can replace one dev at a time(When you press f8-09 or f8-11 you'll be asked which dev/dev unit you want to calibrate).Follow the procedure you discribed. (boot with door opened ....).Upgrade firmware(there is a firmware that's supposed to take care of the problem you are facing.).Check position of gears on back of dev unit( There is a pana service bulletin on it)

Thanks for the info onetek. The developer should arrive tomorrow and it seems like it should be a piece of cake to replace. Panasonics are what I work on mainly and they're pretty tech friendly (in my opinion).
    Also, I don't deal with firmware upgrades or checking bulletins (my boss does), so this question may not be phrased right, but do you have the bulletin number or firmware specifics? Thanks again!
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    -Firmware Ver SC_30009, SPC V20002,SCN_VV10005
    -Special EC Firmware for frequent U13 indication
    -tsb about frequent u13 attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks again for the help onetek. I changed the developer and the copies were looking great, until today.

The problem I'm having is that there are diagonal void lines across the page and the copies are light where there are no voids and only when copying black, all of the other colors copy fine. The problem seems to be that there is not enough toner or developer powder in the developing unit, and because of that what little toner and developer powder is left in the developing unit collects against the auger and only contacts the mag roller in those areas, thus causing the voids. The toner bottle motor rotates as it should with F4-445 and there are no clogs in the system.

Any suggestions about what to do next? Thanks in advance.
    O.o

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    We replace the needed developer and dev unit at the same time. Worth every penny while in there. How many copies are on the black dev unit?
    Was it Panasonic developer and did you heed the warning?

dev..jpgJust my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    We replace the needed developer and dev unit at the same time. Worth every penny while in there. How many copies are on the black dev unit?
    Was it Panasonic developer and did you heed the warning?

dev..jpgJust my 2 cents.
    If it were up to me I would have changed the developer and the developer unit at the same time, and it was Panasonic developer.

But anyhow, the problem has been resolved now. Thanks for the help.
    O.o