Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP4510 detoning

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

DP4510 detoning

I have a few machines that keep detoning.The hoppers seem to work fine when you test them and the machines can be readjusted to work for awhile.Most of the machines have third party toner but one had OEM.The machines have had the developer replaced and one i swapped the whole assembly.The manuals do not do a good good explaining how the system works and what adjustment does what is service mode.I am just wondering what everyone (if they even have this problem)does to solve this issue.

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar
    Set F6-21 to around -20.
    In function, (can't remember if it's "general functions" or "copier settings") run manual add toner 2- 3 times.
    Then run 100-200 test chart copies.

Has worked every time for me.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    It's the hopper unit. There is a auger inside the hopper unit to loosen the toner to be added to the developer unit. There is a one-way clutch inside that hopper........ I prefer replacing that whole hopper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The hopper was replaced on one of the copiers that had detoning problems and it did not solve the problem.I did have one machine that was having this problem and I solved it by removing and cleaning the mag roller then replacing the developer again.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is TDC sensor face scrached up, if so it is giving bad readings to SC pcb. There is a modification shim for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PanaTech View Post
    It's the hopper unit. There is a auger inside the hopper unit to loosen the toner to be added to the developer unit. There is a one-way clutch inside that hopper........ I prefer replacing that whole hopper.
    That' s true. I remember 2 machines with the same problem but the problem solved after I disassembled - cleaned - reassembled the toner hoper unit. Both machines are still working.
    ! RTFM !
    My site: http://www.e-club.gr/

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Turned out to be the hopper sensor.....I guess the hopper we put in had the same problem.I have not seen any mod for the sensor and when we called Panasonic they did not provide much help.I am just glad the problem is solved.

How much time has elapsed since you put the hopper sensor in? I ask because over here the machine may work for a month or three, then detone. In other words how can you be sure the sensor fixed it? Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Copier would detone in a few days and it has been 2 weeks since someone has been there.I think we got it fixed.