Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dp-3510

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Dp-3510

Hai all,
    Need help .
    After completed copying print out ,the display still show "copying still in progress" and the copy indicator light still blinkling and stop after few second.It look like ram issue but i only do photo copying only.
    I am wondering anyone come across this issue and hope can give me some advice.
    Thank you in advance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    sounds like it is a firmware issue thats causing it

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Does machine have HDD in it? if so disconect it. Had this problem with 6010. Hdd is option so it does not matter if it is disconected.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scepter2112 View Post
    Does machine have HDD in it? if so disconect it. Had this problem with 6010. Hdd is option so it does not matter if it is disconected.
    Thanks for your reply .Yes ,i disconnect the HDD,but is still the same, i suspect is the Sc board faulty because i find out more then one problem.
    1) When used as scanner,it will hang all the mahine
    2) When used as GDI printer ,the print out with black strip but when i print as PCL printer ,there is no problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    any additional memory added? like flash memory on the side and the on board page memory? Try take them out, and also, I assume they have PCL option. Try unplug all the options (HDD, fax board, extra memory, scan key, pcl/ps key, email key). I would unplug them one by one though, so you can pin point the specific faulty part. If the problem still exists after you remove all the option, then replace the SC board. It is a expansive part.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PanaTech View Post
    any additional memory added? like flash memory on the side and the on board page memory? Try take them out, and also, I assume they have PCL option. Try unplug all the options (HDD, fax board, extra memory, scan key, pcl/ps key, email key). I would unplug them one by one though, so you can pin point the specific faulty part. If the problem still exists after you remove all the option, then replace the SC board. It is a expansive part.

Thank you. There is no added memory.I will try follow what you are saying before i comfirm sc board faulty

Document Technologies Pro 100+ Posts
    Sounds like firmware to me. If you install a PDL option like PCL or Postscript or both you need to do a firmware update. If you installed the Postscript and PCL combined option, you need only select the Postscript version from the dropdown menu in the Network Update utility when uploading the firmware and it will automatically take care of the PCL also. If you installed the PCL only option then you need to select PCL from the same dropdown menu.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Sounds like firmware to me. If you install a PDL option like PCL or Postscript or both you need to do a firmware update. If you installed the Postscript and PCL combined option, you need only select the Postscript version from the dropdown menu in the Network Update utility when uploading the firmware and it will automatically take care of the PCL also. If you installed the PCL only option then you need to select PCL from the same dropdown menu.
    Yes, i already update to the Pcl firmware.Before is GDI printer, the print out is black strip and after i fix the PCL key and update the firmware to PCL version, the print out is ok.Only scanner and slow printing now is the main issue fo me.
    Thank you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What is the problem with scanner? and what do u mean by slow printing?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PanaTech View Post
    What is the problem with scanner? and what do u mean by slow printing?
    For Scanner , when i highlight the name and press start to scan, the display show scanner on progress but cannot send the image to pc untill you need to off and on back the machine to perform reset.
    For copying , when copying multi copy using Df,after 8 copy, the Df start to slow down untill finish copying