Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

DP-3030 Fuser Cleaning webs getting half the rated life.

We have been dealing with the issue of the web not advancing properly in some of these machines and have a pretty good handle on that. Now that we have machines running with no advaning problems we are seeing machines that the web ran out in 40k-60k when it is rated for 120k. we have had many machines get about 120k copies before the web run out. So far all the the F5-74 settings has been on 1 for standard web advancement. Is anyone else seeing this?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    We have been dealing with the issue of the web not advancing properly in some of these machines and have a pretty good handle on that. Now that we have machines running with no advaning problems we are seeing machines that the web ran out in 40k-60k when it is rated for 120k. we have had many machines get about 120k copies before the web run out. So far all the the F5-74 settings has been on 1 for standard web advancement. Is anyone else seeing this?
    I assume that they have a life counter and that counter is being reset when ya put in a new web correct?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    We are going by the total page count when the fc web was last replaced and when we strart having a copy quality problem because the web has run out and in most cases has trashed the heat roller. The web counters are not being used for this diagnoses.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    We are going by the total page count when the fc web was last replaced and when we strart having a copy quality problem because the web has run out and in most cases has trashed the heat roller. The web counters are not being used for this diagnoses.
    Idk about that box but web drive is usually done based on web life. If ya don't reset the counter when ya put in a new web it will usually blow threw the new one.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    I've never had an issue with the webs running out early on any of the 23/30 series I service. Seems like you fixed the advancing issue a little too well.

The only advice I can give is to use the Web Counter in F7 to track the count. Then you'll know exactly how many more pages you should have gotten out of the webs.

Good Luck!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    On new set-ups on these machines the F5-74 is set to 2, (medium, as opposed to short, 1, or long, 3). The bigger machines have the same setup but they use 1/10, 1/20, 1/30, with the default being 1/20. We have been setting both models to #1, short or 1/10, because of the web advance issues. This increases the amount of solenoid activations (i guess 1/10 is 1 click per 10 copies never researched, short would be the same effect), which will use more web, but, according to our panasonic rep, the 8060/35 web is supposed to last the full 240k no matter what the setting is, (the 2330/3030 never came up). With that being said I think it is rare for us to see that, although I'm sure it has happened to me a couple times in the past, and I know recently I had an 8035 where the web expired with a copy count of 216k, which is the first time I've seen that.

I've only just discovered the advance bulletin here (thanks to op), and have to dig deeper still. We've had some success with our own mods, and if you mark the tiny gear, you can usually tell whether or not you've solved your web advance issues. I wonder if perhaps you didn't fix the web drive units too well and it's turrning too far between clicks?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Get last upgrade kit #PJZSF274EAZ.(one-way bearing mod)
    You always have to reset the web counter coz the clicks interval depends on it.
    Th.

wneal7

Panasonic DP-3030 Fuser Web P/M Service Error

I'm getting a Fuser Web P/M Service Error and I have replaced the fuser web. Still getting the same error. How do i reset the web counter? Please help if you can.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TONERINMYNOSE's Avatar
    in test mode go into F7>maintentence count>web counter it is a countdown so set it to 120,000