Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP-2010 no F8?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DP-2010 no F8?

I need help getting in to F mode. I can not get a Panasonic DP 2010 to go in to service mode the normal way via pressing the keys:
    1) Function
    2) Original Size
    3) 3
    Machine just will not go in pressing the keys like you would normally to get in to F mode that I know keys to press as same way via other Panasonic's and have in past on this same machine that will not now which is odd.

I can get machine to F mode the back door way via pressing/holding down the energy key when turning the power on....but I can not get the machine to hold the setting in that way.

I need to change paper tray sizes and can not at F5 -14 & 15 the back door way.

I talked to Panasonic tech support and they are confused and can only tell me to try to flash the firmware to try to fix it....which I really do not want to do since every time I try to upgrade firmware on a Panasonic I make more or bigger problems.
    Last edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo; 01-13-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foe from Buffalo View Post
    I need help getting in to F mode. I can not get a Panasonic DP 2010 to go in to service mode the normal way via pressing the keys:
    1) Function
    2) Original Size
    3) 3
    Machine just will not go in pressing the keys like you would normally to get in to F mode that I know keys to press as same way via other Panasonic's and have in past on this same machine that will not now which is odd.
    Are you pressing each key in that order and releasing each key after you press it? Unlike most Panasonics, on the DP 2010E if you continue to hold the keys down as you press them it won't go into the service mode.

Good luck.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yep this and the 1810 are a bit different. Press and release Function, then original size, then 3. If you press and hold them down you won't get into service mode. Also while you can get into the backdoor, many settings and functions are not available that way. It's generally meant as an emergency firmware recovery method as opposed to a working service mode.