Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DP-2310/30 series

Wondering if anyone is having problems with duplexing jams on these machines with recycled paper. Have a current customer with issues with the paper. If so is there a setting or some other a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DP-2310/30 series

what is the J code when the machine jams

80 percent of jams are occuring under duplex gate(cream colored gate next to paper pass unit). Is there a recycled paper setting in the machine that I am not seeing?

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otuvak View Post
    80 percent of jams are occuring under duplex gate(cream colored gate next to paper pass unit). Is there a recycled paper setting in the machine that I am not seeing?
    No.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DP-2310/30 series

by what u r saying i'm guessing u r getting J32

as the lead edge of the paper is passing the cream duplexing guide (at the mylar) the paper is supposed to flip back round and hit the registration sensor, (b4 the drum) but does not hence J32

open the door, and push inwards against the black assay that houses the bypass roller, that guide then moves closer towards the registration sensor, so as the paper passes by, it moves the actuator, in some instances try replacing the registration actuator, they do wear down a little, causing the paper to roller over it rather than move it (also curling paper does not help)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You might want to check the screw at the bottom of the fuser unit, the one in the front with the door open. Many techs will put the wrong screw in. The washered screw's head is too big, and the duplex guide plate will stick on it.

If you run your hand across the bottom of the fuser, (on the door side), if you feel the head of the screw sticking out, someone probably put the wrong screw in place. If you pull out the fuser and look at the bottom, the square hole should have a short screw, it's the pan head type you see on the covers, but shorter. in a pinch, you can usually use one of the screws holding the covers for the fuser terminals, or the retaining arm, if they were put back in the correct place.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Logged-on, I had this very same issue last week. Previous tech install washered screw in the front position of the fuser entrance plate. The clutch on the right side of the door, driving all the gears on the LEFT side of the door is not the greatest design either. I sometimes loosen the end screws on the ADU entrance baffle on the top part of the door quarter turn. Just enough to give that tiny clutch a fighting chance. Look for the dent in the lead edge where the sensor is, it's a dead give away.