Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: The worst part about the Panasonic 3510-8060 series machines is:

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuser problems

10 58.82%
  • Developers related issues

6 35.29%
  • Panasonic support(i.e. took 3 years to admit touch screen problem)

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Panasonic 6030 series

In a few select locations we have had to modify and put in a pressure cleaning roller (Ricoh) to get the dirty on back of 1 copy to go away. These were 80's fresh out of the box. Everything else looked good, the fuser just couldn't clean itself enough. Tech support wanted pics and service mode printouts. Very interesting......NEVER heard back from them. Now they are gone....

I'll take a 35-45-60 cpm Panasonic over a 23-30 cpm any day!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    In a few select locations we have had to modify and put in a pressure cleaning roller (Ricoh) to get the dirty on back of 1 copy to go away. These were 80's fresh out of the box. Everything else looked good, the fuser just couldn't clean itself enough. Tech support wanted pics and service mode printouts. Very interesting......NEVER heard back from them. Now they are gone....

I'll take a 35-45-60 cpm Panasonic over a 23-30 cpm any day!!!

How did you modify and what part # did you use?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Ricoh #A097-4261

Disassemble entire fuser like doing a PM. Use some thick washers (Riso feed tire collars work well for us #607-16001-000), place cleaning roller under the pressure roller so it makes decent contact, mark, drill 2 holes in the bottom plate of the fusing unit, attach screws up from the bottom towards the pressure roller. Make sure you get the orientation of the cleaning roller to work with the pressure roller while the machine is running.

Sorry, I used to have pictures but I couldn't find them. Might have been on old computer. I'll try and grab a pic if I get a call on one of these machines.

Good Luck

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

Interesting....

I happen to like the 80 series, but to be honest, we never really sold anything less than 35 CPM. The lower speeds were junk boxes to me. We do have fuser issues and what not, but they're a cinch to rebuild and replace. We usually keep some in stock just in case. Coming from a Panasonic background, we've sold everything from the 71 series to the 8060's over the years. I always happened to like Panasonic.

The box that we REALLY liked from Panasonic were the DP-C264 and up series, but that's a different story. Panasonic finally got something right and then quit. Now the A4 (MB-350 and c210) are absolute garbage.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Interesting....

I happen to like the 80 series, but to be honest, we never really sold anything less than 35 CPM. The lower speeds were junk boxes to me. We do have fuser issues and what not, but they're a cinch to rebuild and replace. We usually keep some in stock just in case. Coming from a Panasonic background, we've sold everything from the 71 series to the 8060's over the years. I always happened to like Panasonic.

The box that we REALLY liked from Panasonic were the DP-C264 and up series, but that's a different story. Panasonic finally got something right and then quit. Now the A4 (MB-350 and c210) are absolute garbage.
    I too enjoy the DP-C Panasonic color series. Good runner, can skip the 120k PM and developer is good to half a million. What more could you ask for?
    As for the A4 machines, agreed, absolute garbage. One last "up yours" to technicians before they got out.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magebomba View Post
    Please help!! From a fellow tech.--

I have a 6030 in particular that has been locking up the fuser web and making that noise that we all know well. These junk machines are killing me!

This machine I have replaced Drum unit, Developer then Developer unit, Transfer Corona assy., tinkered with fuser temp/TDC gain vtg., Fuser(3 of them) with different Web assy. each time, Web assy gear and one way arm for solenoid.

I have run the machine with door open and the solenoid for the web works, its just that the oil web gets covered with toner every time then it starts to squeel.

Have tried different oil webs from Katun and another aftermarket because Panasonic admits their webs do not have enough oil, even suggested to us to add oil!?!?!?!?

Sooo, my main problem is that in addition to I will run any number of copies(20-300) then after the job I run 1 single copy and it has toner on the back of the page from the pressure roller being dirty.
    I am thinking it has to be either the Fuser roller not being cleaned properly, or its not getting hot enough therefore leaving residue toner on fuser roller which in turn transfers that to the press roller.

I am losing my mind, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, I am sure a lot of us are dealing with this and Panasonic does not seem to care with the suggestions they have given us.
    THANKS!!!

Hey Magebomba

Did you resolve this? What was the solution? Don't have but 1 that I service. Has not needed any yet. Will be picking up more soon.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well, I ended up replacing both the SC and SPC boards on it, although I think the culprit was SPC PBC. I had done so many adjustments and such it could have been just coincidence, but I individually replaced each of those boards, but then I replaced them both will ones from used boxes, and viola.

As someone mentioned in this thread about the developer lasting 500k, I havent had it last this long for me, but, Since I read that I have been avoiding developer changes at ALL costs. I have about 30-40 of these machines from 3510 on up to 6030, and it seems after that first developer change, things start to change and many adjustments are needed. Now if it looks dusty, but not heavy background, I close the doctor blade on the DV unit a bit to push the developer. That has seemed to help me greatly!

On a side note I now have 2 machines, a 3530, and a 6030, going light at least once a month. I have just had to tell the customer how to do a manual toner add to darken things up. On these I have replaced toner hopper, SPC board, and all the other normal things, developer, drum, etc, etc, but they continue to go light. Weird. Man I will be glad when they upgrade LOL.

Also to comment on an earlier post from pacman-- Hell yes the C series is awesome. Never have to do a thing to those things I swear. Hit the 240k PM kit and thats all you need! Loves those machines! Difference between those and the rest of Panasonics Boxes... Fuser Technology. Great well built fuser with IH, wish they had used that techno on the B&W's

BTW thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions!!! Hope we are all having a good new year

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar

Nasty nasty nasty machines. Panasonic lost the plot after the 77/78 series analogue machines. They should have stuck to making TV's etc.

The best thing we ever did was to switch from Panasonic to Konica Minolta/Develop.

Just my 2cents