Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

KV S3105C Scanner U13 error...sensors check good, runs about 2 hours!

I am thinking this is probably a long shot, but any Panasonic (or otherwise) technicians who have any experience with these scanners? NOW cust. also tells me it can happen at startup as well as after it's been running a while.
    Customer swapped his own lamps out, and after doing so receiving several errors: U12,13, 16, and others, but no F codes. I cleaned the lamp that was showing an error (he swapped front for rear) and re-calibrated shading plus 'adjust all' he's still coming up with just a U13 error so far, even though he scanned 4 folders full of docs before it failed. When the failure pops up, it won't even work with a single sheet, it goes into the error long before the paper gets to the conveyor section.
    I'm thinking bad PS or motherboard at this point, unless I can find a flaky sensor, pinched wire, loose ground etc. Sensor check shows them as good, i.e. '0' with no paper, '1' with paper blocking sensors in front AND back. So cust. checked all of them relating to paper jam 2.
    Also, is there firmware for this model, or just the EEPROM chip? From what I've read in the SM, it has no firmware update at all. If it does, probably burnt to a chip.

HELP????
    Last edited by mjunkaged; 08-07-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: accuracy

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: KV S3105C Scanner U13 error...sensors check good, runs about 2 hours!

Did you check the door sensor?
    U13:Jam 2 (around conveyor)13 ×× 00 00 The document is jammed. Open the back door and remove the jammedpaper. Then clean all of the rollers.The paper sensor is dirty. Clean the paper sensor.Paper Jam Sensor or Pointer Detector does notwork properly.1. Paper Jam senorExecute
    Document Sensor according to9.6.2.3 and check “J” status.2. Pointer DetectorExecute Door & Home Sensor according
    to 9.6.2.3 and check “P” status

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    KV S3105C Scanner U13 error...sensors check good, runs about 2 hours!

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Customer just bought it from you Paul!

mojorolla:
    Done, done, done. Sensor always checks good. I went out this morning again, performed EEPROM initialize, and re-ran shading, adjust all, doc sensor.
    Now we are waiting and seeing. So far he has gotten other errors but directly attributable to the docs being scanned.
    No more U13 so far, still got a rear lamp warning, but it is old so he's prepared to order a new one if it won't stay gone.

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Paul: Do you have dell 5100c or know where i can get it? At the moment I only need the parts diagram. OOPS never mind, same as phaser 6300.
    Cust. should be ordering it shortly. I told them to get the one with all three models and email it to me. I'm assuming it's identical to the one that only has 6300+50 exc. for the extra model? Correct me if I'm wrong.