Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 500+ Posts

DP-C262 Drum Reset

Can you reset drum counts so it will not give warning to customer? I saw F8-25 in the book. It said that the counts will be reset and adjusts the Toner Density. This makes me think this is not a good idea. Just wanted to get as much life as possible. I'm new to Panasonics, so I'm not sure if I should try this. It looks like the warning light is based on the count down counter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DP-C262 Drum Reset

Our experience was that reseting sucked out all developer and created more call backs. Only time I use this is in case of emergency break glass. Good luck!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I'll do it in a pinch if I have to when another drum is not available. Over time they can cause DV issues, especially with yellow. If you want to skip something, skip the 120k PM.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will leave this one alone.

Technician

If you are trying to save money on the cost of the color drums you can modify the black drums to fit the color slots.

Technician 500+ Posts

[QUOTE=moderncopiertech;249095]If you are trying to save money on the cost of the color drums you can modify the black drums to fit the color slots.[/QUOTE

How do you modify?

Technician

To modify the drum you are looking at the front of the drum to the right of the drum it the hole for the locating pin cut the plastic out in front of the tab and pull out a small metal tab then the drum can be used in all four spots.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

yeah thats key, i believe they have some modification pics on google, i can probably upload some if need be on demonstrating how to do this, maybe a video?? = profit? lol

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxmandingoxx View Post
    yeah thats key, i believe they have some modification pics on google, i can probably upload some if need be on demonstrating how to do this, maybe a video?? = profit? lol
    I see now how to modify.

Just thinking out loud. So, with modification, you can use either the DQ-UHS36k or the DQ-UHN36k, both black drums, for color drums in the 213/262/263/264/322/323/354?

Also, how about the 406/306/266. Looks like they priced the color and black drum the same. Can the DQ_UHS36k or DQ-UHN36k work? Or am I asking for too much?

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moderncopiertech View Post
    To modify the drum you are looking at the front of the drum to the right of the drum it the hole for the locating pin cut the plastic out in front of the tab and pull out a small metal tab then the drum can be used in all four spots.
    Thank you. You just got me brownie points with the boss.

I see now how to modify.

Just thinking out loud. So, with modification, you can use either the DQ-UHS36k or the DQ-UHN36k, both black drums, for color drums in the 213/262/263/264/322/323/354?

Also, how about the 406/306/266. Looks like they priced the color and black drum the same. Can the DQ_UHS36k or DQ-UHN36k work? Or am I asking for too much?