Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 8035 paper curl

Technician 500+ Posts

8035 paper curl

I have an 8035 that seems to have an extream paper curl. The problem is this machine has no finisher, just an exit tray. So when the paper exits it causes the paper to not stack properly. I know that moisture in the paper can cause this. To me it looks like the the exit tray is too far below the exit and angle of try is high. Anyway, I attempted to adjust fuser temp. and found out I have no idea how to adjust to a (-) value. Cannot find this in the svc manual. F6-83, Temperature Sensr Value is at 146. F6-31 Fuser Temperature is at 0 and F6-32 is at 0. What is a good reading for F6-83? And how do you make an adjustment to the (-). Where is that secret button? Last, if temp is not the issue, any ideas to get around this so that paper will stack better. This is my first 80 series with an exit tray only.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: 8035 paper curl

I have found these settings work well for all 80xx series:

F6-07 set to 10
    F6-31 set to -8
    F6-32 set to -8

As you stated, no finisher, make sure the exit roll is the proper one, it has ribs on the rolls. If the paper is curling that much, the first thing is to change the paper. Run 100 copies and open the left/exit door. If there is condensation on the fuser exit shaft, the paper will have to be changed. No setting will conquer that amount of moisture in the system.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

How is it that you've helped darn near EVERYONE here, yet have no rep to show for it???

Technician

"And how do you make an adjustment to the (-). Where is that secret button?"

Press the Yellow "reset" button to toggle between + / -.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The only reason I have any red cards is from Paul (manuals4you). Not only is he the only one to ever hit my rep, he's done it ten times! As for the negative symbol, after hitting input, hit the reset button to add a minus symbol.

Last edited by mojorolla; 12-11-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone. I will need to order the right exit roller. I noticed in the parts manual, page 148, there is one part # for the exit roller if you have a finisher and one for exit tray. The one for exit tray states " except PU, PUG. I'm now confused. Is DZLA000280 the right part # for the exit tray for USA?

Mojo, I hit your rep I think. The star down in the left bottom. You have been a tremendous help and I appreciate you.

Also, I noticed that the paper, after exit, has what looks to be a buckle about 3.5 inches from lead edge. Any ideas?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DZLA000401 would be the right number for PU machines.I have that stacking problem on some machines. But they are all paper and humidity related. That buckle you mention could also be caused by a bad pressure roller.Although on the older 7750, 605 series, that buckle was caused by a middle roller clutch not releasing properly...
    Th.

Technician 500+ Posts

Did what you suggested Mojo, and the paper exits to the tray much better. Thank you for your help.