Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hannes360

Exclamation dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

hi

im struggling with a ADD PAPER issue on my machine,paper is added but error remains.i studied some treads but not sure how to reset stuff,some say reset ram and fuser with f9 stuff,but if i press function,there is only 2 options,copier settings and general settings.the paperlift motor doesnt ever turn end i swap the paper sensor.i did 2 copies and had a paper jam,removed the paper and ADD paper thing started!!! please help!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

Have you try print from the bypass? (this will pin point the problem to the tray)
    --u can test it by pulling out the paper tray, restart machine, load paper on bypass, then try to make a copy using bypass.

If it still jams, u need to look at other part of the machine

If it doesn't jam, you can look at the tray now. The most common problem with these machines is the lift motor assembly. The assembly case is made by plastic which is very fragile, especially those embedded bushings(gear holders) cracks ALL the time. But before you replace parts, try to go to Service mode F4 -> Check output -> 64. ->>>>This will turn the lift motor in ascending direction. (NOTE: if you r not familiar with the machine, take the back cover out and the lift motor assembly is the black plastic box at the bottom of the machine beside the power connector. When you do the test, put ur ear close (but not touching) to the assembly and see if you hear gear turn). IF you hear clicking noise, this means that the casings is probably cracked, and needs to be replace.

hannes360

Thumbs up Re: dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

thanx a lot!!!!

i tried everything u said,but i dont know how to access service mode,there is only 2 modes when i press function,hruggle withow do i access the other? thats the only thing i struggle with.

i appreiciate the good response!!

Technician 500+ Posts

PanaTech is right. Also, I had one that would not clear the add paper indication, regaurdless of what I did. Turns out, any codes on the machine will be hidden by the add paper indication. Here is what happened. Customer had a jam. The jam actually was caused by the thermistor coding during the run. Customer opened the cassette and removed jam. The paper would not lift, therfore indicating add paper. This indication covered the thermistor code. I did an LBP Error Log Clear ( F9-06-02) and walla, the paper lifted and all was well. Service mode is Function key, Original size key, and the number 3 key, in that order. Let us know what you find.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar

To enter the service mode.. Press "Function" -- "Original Size" -- "The Number 3"...
    To exit service mode.. Press "Function" -- "Clear"..

hannes360

Cool Re: dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

we did use output check no64 but no walla. must we use
    set or start? we did use both but motor does not turn.
    my gues is motor is faulty. thnx

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hannes360 View Post
    we did use output check no64 but no walla. must we use
    set or start? we did use both but motor does not turn.
    my gues is motor is faulty. thnx

Use the start key. Is your machine in ready mode except for add paper? If you have a 2nd paper tray in the machine, pull out tray 1. Does tray 2 work ok now? If so, if you want to, you can take tray 2 motor and swap with tray 1. This will let you know if the motor is bad. Remember, if a code is hidding behind the add paper message, all you have to do is LBP reset mentioned earlier.

hannes360

hi,there is no tray 2,only bypass.the machine was of for a long while,my mission was toe refurb the machine,before i started i tried to print a test page,it jammed twice.i switced the machine off and gave it a good service,rollers was very dirty.when i start the machine it immediatly shows me the add paper message.i did swap the sensors but still the same.even the bypass shows add paper,i cant see other options on screen.is there like a cold reset that i can try? please give me all the resets i can try

guys i really appreciate the effort and exellance response

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

1. unplug the machine.
    2. open door to access fuser unit and leave open
    3. plug in power cord and turn on machine.
    4. Then go to service mode, Press "Function" -- "Original Size" -- "The Number 3"...
    5. F9--06-04 this will do FUSER RESET.
    6. If your problem is still there, then in service mode use the F4 to check paper sensors and motor.
    7. You have a tray1 and a bypass. one should work.
    8. COPIMAN thread gave you the reason and fix for this problem. The only thing he got mixed up there is with the fuser reset. he said to do error log clear when
    you really have to reset the LBP fuser reset which he mentioned.

reply with the fix as others are listening and learning.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

Lightbulb Re: dp-1820 ADD PAPER error

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com