Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jaywire

FP 7713 Prints totally black page problem

I was given a Panasonic FP 7713 today, told by the chap that gave it to me that 'it prints slightly dark'... Turns out that it prints a totally black sheet, with some raised 'ridges' within the black (also black), and the toner comes off the paper where these ridges are... Not slightly knackered, but totally knackered.

Looked around on the internet to see if I could find out roughly what the problem might be and if there would be a relatively cheap solution, but not had much luck. The light is working when the scan is made, so it's not the bulb.

Any ideas? The chap who gave it to me also mentioned that it only just passed it's PAT test, so maybe something shorting / odd going on inside the box. Will take it apart and check to see if anything obvious is loose / shorting.

Otherwise, I'm thinking the chap saved himself a trip to the landfill?

Any help much appreciated!

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Re: FP 7713 Prints totally black page problem

The "ridges" that your having would be caused by the coating on the upper fuser roller being worn away. The black pages could be caused by something as simple as the main charge assembly not being seated quite right or the charge wire could be bad or the drum or both.

I'm sure it could be fixed, but it's probably not worth fixing, in my opinion. That machine is pretty old.
    Last edited by User Name; 01-10-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

allroundtechnicus

Re: FP 7713 Prints totally black page problem

Can someone give me the service manual for Panasonic FP7713

allroundtechnicus@gmail.com