Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP 190

Technician 500+ Posts

DP 190

Have a problem with double feeding in the doc feeder. I have replace the sep pad. Rollers look ok. The count on the adf is 15k. I have not seen the double feeding, but the customer says it happens alot. Any ideas?

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Re: DP 190

There's not much to those document feeders so beyond replacing the sep pad I'm not sure what else you could do. However,if you don't see it happen while you're testing it but the customer says it does, then it's probably user error or they're running crap paper thru it. It's not hard to make those things double feed.

P.S. If I remember correctly, you're new to Panasonics so here's a little advice for this machine. If you ever have to replace the fuser in a 190 just take it back to your shop. You have to take just about darn near everything off the machine to access the fuser and it takes about two hours to do if you know what you're doing. Just some advice for you. I still have some not-so-fond memories of the first time I had to do one.

Good Luck
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    DP 190

Exclamation Re: DP 190

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    . If you ever have to replace the fuser in a 190 just take it back to your shop. You have to take just about darn near everything off the machine to access the fuser and it takes about two hours to do if you know what you're doing. Just some advice for you. I still have some not-so-fond memories of the first time I had to do one.

Good Luck
    I don't find it that bad and can get in and out in 40 minutes for the fuser. Just make sure you have a long philips screw driver to get at the fuser screws. I even rebuild these fusers as the parts are cheap and the units ALWAYS seem to be on backorder.
    As to the document feeder, the plastic piece that holds the sep rubber has 2 notches on it. If is is pushed down to the lower notch, the sep rubber does not contact the paper, causing double feeding. You can even flip the pad over the get double life out of them.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I don't find it that bad and can get in and out in 40 minutes for the fuser. Just make sure you have a long philips screw driver to get at the fuser screws. I even rebuild these fusers as the parts are cheap and the units ALWAYS seem to be on backorder.
    Really, 40 minutes? Apparently I'm really slow or I don't know what I'm doing. Oh well, I'm inclined to believe that you know better than I do.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Have the customer counter curl the lead edge of the paper that they are sending/copying. 190's just can't handle curled originals, especially if they just came out of the same 190.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Did you know the recommended monthly volume on this fine piece of equipment is 750 impressions per month?
    Calling this a small business machine is highly laughable.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Good god it never fails! I just got a call for one of these things for the first time in many months.
    O.o

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Did you know the recommended monthly volume on this fine piece of equipment is 750 impressions per month?
    Calling this a small business machine is highly laughable.

Where did you find the recommended monthly volume information? I sure need to get my hands on it. There seems to be a difference of opinion on this matter here at my location.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Where did you find the recommended monthly volume information? I sure need to get my hands on it. There seems to be a difference of opinion on this matter here at my location.

I do have quite a few 190's out there.

Highest volume on them that seem to work well for me is around 5k.

Flipping the sep pad works great, and I rebuild fusers rather than order.

40 mins is pretty darn fast, I may need you to teach me your secrets on that one.

I've also found that rebuilding the drum works well, the cartridge can only handle the rebuild a couple of times before it becomes junk.

Same with refilling the toner on them.