Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Toner Hoppers

Technician 500+ Posts

Toner Hoppers

Calling all Pana gurus. I know looks can be decieving. Which hoppers are interchangable? Looking at the 35xx, 45xx, 60xx, and the 80xx series. I have a 6030 in the field that I may need to swap the hopper. I have an 8035, 8045, and a 3530 in the shop. Need some guru knowledge. What do you think?

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Re: Toner Hoppers

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Calling all Pana gurus. I know looks can be decieving. Which hoppers are interchangable? Looking at the 35xx, 45xx, 60xx, and the 80xx series. I have a 6030 in the field that I may need to swap the hopper. I have an 8035, 8045, and a 3530 in the shop. Need some guru knowledge. What do you think?

Well, I'm no guru but here are my thoughts. Anything from the 3510 to the 6030 I'd feel comfortable interchanging. You may have to modify the toner bottle guide in the hopper but that's not a very big deal and if you're using third-party toner this probably won't be an issue.

I wouldn't interchange an 80 series with any of the previous models. I believe there are differences between them that make them not compatable but I'm not 100% sure of this. What I do know is that they have differnet toners and that's a good enough reason for me not to try it.

So, I would say if you were to swap anything, put the 3530 into the 6030.

Good Luck
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Well, I'm no guru but here are my thoughts. Anything from the 3510 to the 6030 I'd feel comfortable interchanging. You may have to modify the toner bottle guide in the hopper but that's not a very big deal and if you're using third-party toner this probably won't be an issue.

I wouldn't interchange an 80 series with any of the previous models. I believe there are differences between them that make them not compatable but I'm not 100% sure of this. What I do know is that they have differnet toners and that's a good enough reason for me not to try it.

So, I would say if you were to swap anything, put the 3530 into the 6030.

Good Luck
    I will say that I have attempted to use the 35xx with the 80's and it didn't work.

I have swapped 3510/3520/3530 to the 6030 and it worked fine since I am using aftermarket toners.

Have attempted to rebuild as well, and the mess and the little parts are more of a pain than it's worth to me.

Would rather use a 10/20 or 30 series hopper that I know works and just swap them out.

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to follow up today to see if my disassembly, cleaning , and reassembly I did the other day is still ok. I did learn more about how the hopper operates. Motor turns one way to put toner into hopper, then motor turn the other way to take toner from hopper to dev unit. Knowing this, I feel comfortable trouble shooting any problems related to the hopper. Bad thing is, my boss would not spring for replacing the hopper, so I will just deal with it.