Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copytek937

Workio DP-3030 Dark copies

I am trying to troubleshoot a dark copy issue on a Panasonic Workio DP-3030. Internal test prints and prints from a PC look fine, copies through the ADF or from the glass are very dark, so I have narrowed the issue down to the scanning section. I am not very familiar with Panasonic machines, I do have the service manual but so far have not found any solutions for this issue. Any ideas on what to check or any adjustments that can be made would be appreciated.

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: Workio DP-3030 Dark copies

If its only related to the scan/optics section, I would first clean the optics. Next you can adjust image density in F6 mode. F6-49 for text mode, F6-50 for text/photo mode, and F6-51 for photo mode. A more negative number makes it darker and a more positive number makes it lighter. You will need to adjust all modes. Not just one. Hope this helps.

copytek937

Thanks for the quick response. I did see those items in the service menu, and any of the adjustments I made yielded very little, if any, change in the copy quality. When I started, all of them were at "0", which I am guessing is defualt. I raised each of the settings to the maxium, i believe it was -99 to 99, and even at 99 on text, text/photo and photo modes, there was hardly any change in the darkness. I cannot remember if I had them all changed at the same time though, if that is what you are saying. Just for future reference, how do you change it to a negative (-) value if needed? I was not able to figure that out.

Technician 500+ Posts

To change neg or positive use the yellow button.

You said the prints from the computer are great? Only the originals that are scanned come out dark?

copytek937

Yes it is only the copies that come out dark. Internal test patterns and print jobs from PC's look fine.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Clean the the mirrors in the scanner. Make a copy with nothing on the platen and with the lid closed. If the sheet comes out dark, light is getting in under the document feeder. Adjust the hinges to compensate. If that does not work, you could try cleaning the glass on the laser unit. It could also be a weak lamp.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

I can't recall if this model has a white plate in the optics or not, how ever if it does just make sure that you clean it as well.
    I have seen techs clean the mirrors and the glass and then get them selves stumped because the copy is still off, and prints are fine.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Technician

if cleaning and adjustments dont help it could be the CCD gone bad. I have seen a couple of these with this symptom but it is very rare.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rick Martinez's Avatar

Just keep in mind that when you change the setting under F6, you need to make about 100 copies to make the machine do the a calibration with the new settings.