Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Richie

Panasonic DP-1520P

Hi there,

I am currently having a problem with a Panasonic DP-1520P. I recently started voluntary work at a youth charity where they have a Panasonic DP-1520P which won't copy unless it's in Service Mode F2 which allows me to do a single copy.

When I attempt to copy when not in Service Mode, pressing the Start button causes the photocopier to beep three times.

This machine has been unplugged for a few years now and I have replaced it's internal battery but I have not changed or reset any of it's settings.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Richie

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Panasonic DP-1520P

Lightbulb Re: Panasonic DP-1520P

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Panasonic DP-1520P

Check in F5-42 if you have any department codes activated.
    Th.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by onetek View Post
    Check in F5-42 if you have any department codes activated.
    Th.
    Thanks Th,

I'll check this out next Monday and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
    Richie

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

F3 makes continuous copies if you need to make more than one copy at a time. You'd just have to count the copies as they come out and stop it when you have as many as you want. Although, the better solution would definitely be to figure out why it won't let you make copies outside of the service mode. lol

It just beeps? There's no message on the display telling you why it won't make a copy?
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    F3 makes continuous copies if you need to make more than one copy at a time. You'd just have to count the copies as they come out and stop it when you have as many as you want. Although, the better solution would definitely be to figure out why it won't let you make copies outside of the service mode. lol

It just beeps? There's no message on the display telling you why it won't make a copy?
    Thanks for your message, yeah I agree it would be a lot easier solving this problem lol. Yeah, it beeps three times when the green start button is pressed outside of the service mode. The correct paper tray etc is selected so I am really confused lol! The message which is displayed on the screen was something like "Ready to Print".

Regards,
    Richie

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Is the COPY button lit up? Not the Fax/Email, Scan/File or Print button, or any other button on the left side? May have a stuck button on the control panel.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    Is the COPY button lit up? Not the Fax/Email, Scan/File or Print button, or any other button on the left side? May have a stuck button on the control panel.
    From what I can remember, no buttons at the left side were lit. The only button which I can remember being lit up green was the green start button at the right. I won't be able to check until next Monday or I'll get someone to take a photo of the control panel area for me.

Thanks again,
    Richie

Richie

Hi again,

Checked the copier and on the screen it says "Ready to copy". When the start button is pressed, the copier does three beeps. Is there any way of restoring all settings to defaults?

Richie

Technician 500+ Posts

There is a way to reset machine. Its called Shipment Reset. When you do this, the machine will be reset to what it was when removed from the box it shipped in. At this point you will need to set up the machine. This would require a technician to do this. I would recommed you wait until the last thing before doing a shipment reset.

Lets revisit the issue. You were given a machine, plugged it up and pressed the start button. This is where you heard the 3 beeps. Right? This sounds exactly like the dept. code, key counter code, or card mode is enabled. I saw where you knew how to enter the service mode and go to F2. Can you go into F5 mode and scroll to 42? it should be set to 0.

One of the issues with this machine is with the display. Sometimes it can have something displayed behind what you see. What would be great is if you could gather some information. You can print it out in servcie mode. Go to F9-03 (print device info)> scroll to 00 (F5/F6 Parameters) press set. This report will print out. Also scroll to 01 (Machine info) and press set. This will print out as well. Then if you could post a copy on here, we would be able to see what is going on, and hopefully help you.