Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

DP-C266 M Developer Issue

Hey guys,

I have a DP-C266 that now needs it's 3rd Magenta developer change in 2 years and 75,000 color copies. I've just done a developer change in the factory developer unit and this last change I installed the developer into a new developer unit and it only lasted 5,000 copies. Anyone know what could be the issue? None of the other colors have given me any issues. Thanks for your help!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: DP-C266 M Developer Issue

These models are a pretty damn good color box. The only issues I have ever seen on the C series is DV pull when drums are reset and not replaced.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Mojorolla is right. I have machines where the developer have gone far beyond the manufacturer's yield with no issues. What symptoms are you getting that require you to change the developer?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    DP-C266 M Developer Issue

Lightbulb Re: DP-C266 M Developer Issue

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

OEM parts/supplies? Make sure not to pinch the Dev wire harness under the black cover. Bad toner auger assy. Clean the ID sensors under the IT belt. Reseat connectors back to the board. Just some ideas.

Usually they run just fine. As mojo mentioned hopefully the drum life isn't being stretched.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We have some dpc264, dpc265 and dpc262 giving that kind of trouble. On each, we've replaced devs, dev units. drum life never extended, and still dev life at best is 30k on some collors. Usally, it starts at 10k on dev life, and we are able to extend to 30k by tweeking f6-520,521,522. We use only panasonic dev and drums...

Technician 500+ Posts

SB-04-PreventingImageQualityIssues-(M-0168i(Revised))__DP-C322Series.pdfTake a look at this. Not sure if it pertains to your 266, but thought it may help here or in the future. Let us know what you find out.