Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Panasonic 1820E dusting drum unit area

Hi All,
    I have an otherwise very good machine, which is dusting the toner all thru the dev/drum unit area. I clean it all out and works well for a short time and comes back. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Panasonic 1820E dusting drum unit area

Might be overtoning. You could try lowering f6-21 and make black copies. They should not be solid black but light black.

Technician 500+ Posts

onetek is right. If its over-toned you will get dusting. Print out an F1-02 (Page Memory Test). This should not be extremely black. You want to run it a little lean on toner. Like onetek said, you can adjust F6-21 to make it add less toner, if in fact its over-toned. How many copies on this machine? How many copies on the drum and developer? Remember on F6-21, the more negative the number, the less toner will be added. Also, are you using OEM or compatible toner.
    Last edited by copiman; 07-22-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added question

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

300K on machine. Drum, blade & dev done recently. I cleaned out and lowered that value from -7 to -12. Do you think that is enough? I removed there generic toner and installed an OEM today. Thanks for the help!

Technician 500+ Posts

[QUOTE=krm;369541]300K on machine. Drum, blade & dev done recently. I cleaned out and lowered that value from -7 to -12. Do you think that is enough? I removed there generic toner and installed an OEM today. Thanks for the help![/QUOTE

Yes. Although I would keep a close eye on it. You may need to tweak it to get it just right. Most of my 1820s, the F6-21 is from about -9 to -15. Not the greatest toning system.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe it'll help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I will stop by and check in the next couple of days. I guess I've been lucky and never run into this problem before. I replace the drums/dev and wire regularly and seems to work with these machines. I've never had a machine have the copies come out so quietly, I sometimes think it jammed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Panasonic 1820E dusting drum unit area

agree with above posts, especially checking back soon with the quality, we've changed toners from compatible to oem and vice versa in the middle of developer yields and this caused copy quality issues. we had to change out the developer from the get-go when using either compatible or oem. good luck