Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 500+ Posts

Fax board compatibility & Drums

Does anyone know if you can use a DPC 265 fax board on a DPC 306 or 406? They have no part # to compare, but the sales # are different. I look at the schematics and they look the same.

Also, has anyone used the DQ-UHS36K drum in the DPC 406 machines? I know about the posts and hole changes that need to be made, but the color of the drum itself is different. The 406 drum is green and the DQ-UHS36 is brown.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Fax board compatibility & Drums

I have never tried the fax kit but what the hell, give it a try. I don't think you will harm any other components (fingers crossed).
    As to the drums the 306/406 Panasonics are the final and only DP-C machine that had universal color/mono drum units.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: Fax board compatibility & Drums

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I have never tried the fax kit but what the hell, give it a try. I don't think you will harm any other components (fingers crossed).
    As to the drums the 306/406 Panasonics are the final and only DP-C machine that had universal color/mono drum units.

Your right, Panasonic seems to have caught on and made the drums for the 406 the same. They also increased the price. What I was wondering is will the black drum for the earlier units work in the 406. We convert the black drums to work as color drums. I can make the earlier black drum physically fit the 406 as a black or color drum. I think the counters for drum life is machine based. The one thing making me wonder is the earlier drums were a brownish color and the 406 drum is a green color which makes me question characteristics of the drums. Since I have not actually had a 406 in the field using the earlier drums, I was wondering if anyone has done this and if/how it worked out.