Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

MB350 Scanning issue

I have a customer with an MB350 that can't scan to their computer. Whenever I try to initiate scan to the computer via the machine or from the computer a box pops up on the computer saying "PcMfsScan MFC Application has stopped working." This isn't an issue with the copier because I can scan to another computer in their office. I tried re installing the Drivers and tried to do a system restore to a time when it was working but I couldn't go back far enough. The computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm not that great with computers so any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: MB350 Scanning issue

I'm not that familiar with this machine. Only one in the field and have never had to service. Anyway, it sounds like a PC issue to me too. Seems that the software needed for scanning is not working properly. If it were me, I would uninstall the software that was loaded on the machine from the disk that came with the machine and reinstall it. There is a clean up utility on the Panasonic website for this model. It just ensures that all of the software gets deleted after you uninstall it. Not sure if this will solve the issue but its a start. Here is a link to the Panasonic site.

Download the Multi-Function Station | Download for PC interface software | Consumer FAX | Home Communication | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    I'm not that familiar with this machine. Only one in the field and have never had to service. Anyway, it sounds like a PC issue to me too. Seems that the software needed for scanning is not working properly. If it were me, I would uninstall the software that was loaded on the machine from the disk that came with the machine and reinstall it. There is a clean up utility on the Panasonic website for this model. It just ensures that all of the software gets deleted after you uninstall it. Not sure if this will solve the issue but its a start. Here is a link to the Panasonic site.

Download the Multi-Function Station | Download for PC interface software | Consumer FAX | Home Communication | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global
    I uninstalled the software with the wizard from the disc. It seemed to have removed everything. Maybe there's something being left behind that is causing issues? I'm not sure. I was wondering if maybe there was some sort of automatic Windows update that may have changed something.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I turned off all firewalls to make sure that they weren't blocking anything. So, not a firewall issue either.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technician 500+ Posts

Its always possible that an update could cause a issue. You can go into updates and view installed updates to see when they were updated. Based on when the problem started you can uninstall the updates. Before you do it though, stop automatic updates first. Don't forget to turn it back on when your done. I really think the problem is in the software though because of the message your getting ( PcMfsScan MFC Application has stopped working). Also, do the other PCs get updates as well?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MB350 Scanning issue

PcMfsScan is a software on the computer. Google the error message.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Have you tried the Panasonic cleanup utility?
    Download - Common to each model | Digital Imaging System | Office Products | Business & Professional | Support | Panasonic Global
    This will completely remove the program and you can re-install without residual files.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!