Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

DA-FS600 Finisher maintenance help / stapling issue

Hello everyone,

I've had more than one instance now on these type of finishers where when the paper is pulled back for stapling, it pulls back crooked and a page here and there isn't stapled with the rest as a result. I was told that it took too much effort to fix this problem on site and that I should take whatever customer was having an issue with their finisher a different one and bring back theirs to be rebuilt at the shop. Well, I'm almost out of working finishers to take to customers and I'm pretty sure no one that I work with has any idea how to do rebuild these or has even ever attempted to do so, so I'm taking it upon myself to figure it out how to fix these things.

I figure what's causing the pages to pull back crooked is one of two things: either it's because of the "paddles" as the parts manual calls them that flick the paper back or the feed belts that help pull them back are wearing out. I took out the swing gate assembly on one of the finishers I have in house and it seems like it would be a pain to replace those belts. The paddles, on the other hand, seem like they could possibly be removed without taking anything off of the finisher and they appear to be usable in either direction. Could you theoretically turn them around and get some life out of the other side of them?

I'm not sure exactly what to try so if any of you pros out there have any tips on how to fix these finishers, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: DA-FS600 Finisher maintenance help / stapling issue

Well looks like the attachment worked. Also check you email. Found your email.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

I can't reply with quotes at the moment. Copytechnet is pretty broken right now. lol

Thanks for the response! It's the same in the 6010-30 manual and it describes the process pretty well but I already knew how it worked so I kinda glossed over this section. I was just wondering since I had seen this problem multiple times if anyone else had also dealt with it and maybe had some pointers about how to go about fixing it. I think those "paddles" are a good place to start and I'll have to do some more experimenting in the near future. Thanks again!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Man, this site is ALL fu@#ed up....
    The paddles are usually the cause of the retracting issue. The belts in the center are not fun to replace but the paddles just slide in from the top.
    You can also try working some WD40 into the paddles and belts; use it all the time and works great.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!