Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copier Guardian

workio 3030 puts specks or spots on printed lines

I am currently working on a Panasonic DP 3030. I replaced the drum/developer/blade/charge roller/ bais roller. Everything looks great until the customer copies something with vertical or horizonal lines.

It starts putting little black almost grey spots along the lines. I have done F8-08 / F8-14, and have everything within spec. Maybe someone has a Idea on what I could try next.

Thanks and Good morning!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: workio 3030 puts specks or spots on printed lines

Do you see the problem printing F1 test pages?

Copier Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by onetek View Post
    Do you see the problem printing F1 test pages?

Yes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

No stearic powder on the charge roller?

Copier Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by onetek View Post
    No stearic powder on the charge roller?
    No powder, cleaned it multiple times. I did a PM since it was 80k past previous service. New developer, Bias Transfer Roller, Bias Charge Roller, Cleaning Roller, Cleaning Blade, Front Cleaning Felt, Rear Cleaning Felt, Cleaning Sponge, Scoop Sheet.

It seems to do it only when I copy my service tickets which has alot of horizontal lines. It is fairly noticeable. I have to go out in the morning to do a PM on the fuser and I will get a copy and get it scanned and uploaded when I get back to the office. Copy quality on everything else copy/printed is perfect.

Thanks for the help so far. Ill report back.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Would you happen to have an example you could scan and post?

Copier Guardian

Yes I finally got around to it, been one busy week for being the only technician here!

here are the attachments. notice on the vertical lines.

1st Page - Quantum off
    2nd Page - Quantum On
    3rd page - No Settings changed (upon arrival of machine)

See Attachment - qualityscans.pdf

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Interesting.. Well you've replaced all the PM parts and it does it even on internal prints. I know with the Panasonic brand, when doing a PM I would always notice a buildup on the mag roller for the dev unit. I found cleaning it very lightly with a dry green scouring pad will make it nice and shiny again. Make sure to vacuum what scratch off the mag roller. Cleaning this may correct the issue.

If it doesn't, If you have a working 2330,3030,8025,8032 in the office, I would take the entire process/developer unit from that one and put it in the problem machine. If the problem goes away, try just swapping the drum unit, or just the developer unit to narrow down where the problem lies. Might bring a bias transfer roller with you too just in case.

Hope this helps!

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by disko View Post
    I am currently working on a Panasonic DP 3030. I replaced the drum/developer/blade/charge roller/ bais roller. Everything looks great until the customer copies something with vertical or horizonal lines.

It starts putting little black almost grey spots along the lines. I have done F8-08 / F8-14, and have everything within spec. Maybe someone has a Idea on what I could try next.

Thanks and Good morning!
    Do you mean F8-09? That's the developer calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by disko View Post
    Yes I finally got around to it, been one busy week for being the only technician here!

here are the attachments. notice on the vertical lines.

1st Page - Quantum off
    2nd Page - Quantum On
    3rd page - No Settings changed (upon arrival of machine)

See Attachment - qualityscans.pdf
    Not sure if it's just because of the scan or the original but the copies look washed-out to me. Also, I see several dots that are in the same place on both images and they appear to repeat across the page. Based off the distance between the dots, it looks like it could be either the charge roller or the mag roller. I'd measure them to figure out which roller it is but my money is on the charge roller. I would guess the new one you put in has a defect or if you powdered the drum/blade too heavily, there's some sticking to the charge roller. I'd try a new charge roller and see what happens. Good Luck!

Edit: Are those dot's on the first two pages on the original? They seem too perfectly aligned not to be which makes my advice for a problem that isn't there pretty useless.

I like Jvergin's idea about trying a different unit from another machine. It's a good way to isolate where the problem is.
    Last edited by User Name; 09-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Swapping dev unit is shurely the fastest way to isolate. When you print F1 test pattern 2, do you see speckles on both horizontal and vertical lines? Have you cleaned the lsu polygone? Where is your F6-21 at ? (over toning).All our 3030 series machines end up overtoning after 30k (and printing fuzzy lines) if we leave F6-21 at the value registered after F8-09 (usually around -36). we use oem supplies. At 120k on dev all our machines are around -58 on F6-21.