Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Workio 3030 J83 on every duplex attempt

I am getting a J83 every time a duplex job is attempted. I don't know when it started. I had replaced the fuser web shortly before the customer complained of this issue. The paper is almost down to the second sensor on the side door when it stops. I have already switched out the sensors with no changes. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Workio 3030 J83 on every duplex attempt

Hi, don't know how much help this will be because you have already replaced both of the sensors in the side door. I believe that the problem is before you get to the side door. When you have the fuser unit out, up on top of the fuser unit is duplex unit sensor 1 located on the dual path unit which is inside of the door. ADU sensor 2,3, and 4 is in the side door.
    Some times when putting the four screws back into the fuser mounts the connector on ADU sensor 1 gets pulled which is up on the right hand corner or top rear fuser mount. Or sometimes when trying to get the two connectors plugged back in on the top right hand side, the connector wiring harness will get pulled or the sensor itself might be out of position.
    If it only jams when duplexing then I would look at that sensor or connector. I attached a diagram where the sensors are located.
    Thanks good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files