Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

8060s - Dots/pits in drums?

I've seen this a few times now. I have/had several 8060s that would have dots etched into the drums. It almost seems to me like there was arcing between the main charge and the drum. Well, at least that's the best reason I can come up with for what causes it. I seem to find it on machines that have F6-17 set really low (like -30). I don't have many of them left out there but the one in our shop did it to a new drum that had less than 10k on it and I don't want to see this happen again. It may also have to do with us using compatible drums but I can't say for sure. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: 8060s - Dots/pits in drums?

I've seen this on a 8045, almost new (75k) , I tried replacing main charger, no dice. New dev unit took care of that trouble. 3 weeks ago, same stuff on a 2310.This time I went strait for a replacement dev unit (used) and that also took care of it. Scraped a couple of drums though (the cheap 9 bux densy-noisy ones).

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

We have been using Polek & Polek drums for more than 6 years and they are prone to pitting; especially on the 80xx series. On that machine, I always clean the extremely thin suction duct that runs under the dv unit. It is prone to clogging as not only do we use third party drums, we use third party toner as well.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yep on our older 6010,4510 and 3510 we had a lot of trouble with toner clogging the dev duct,under dev unit. But the 80xx series are better on that point. (we use oem everything on those).

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

So, probably a result of the non-OEM drums? Figures.

Thanks to everyone for the responses!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

ESTANISLAOWENENTON

separation voltage

humidity drum