Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: J41 DP-3030

Copier Guardian

J41 DP-3030

I have a customer who is having issues duplexing. Machine pops a J41 code. Here is what I have done so far, as well as some notes.

Replaced the Transport Unit in the belly of the machine, replaced photo sensors (all) on the fuser assy, also I have swapped out the dual path exit guide assembly. None of these have improved the situation.

Also, output tests 101-105 seem to be normal.

The paper gets stuck upon it trying to return to duplex 2nd side. It doesnt come all the way through the transport unit and gets stuck in the Dual Path exit guide unit assembly. It doesnt go into the return area instead it gets hung up on the path where the paper exit actuator is, not going through the top rollers so it can return back. Anyone familiar with what I am having issues with? If its unclear I can elaborate more.

Ending thoughts, It seems to me as the paper guide for inverting the paper upon fuser exit isn't allowing the paper to be pushed into the right pathway, however the paper in the Paper Transport unit seems not to pull the paper all the way in to allow it to be moved. Timing issue perhaps?

Was working fine 4-5 days ago, now nothing. **Note #2** ; Copy /print / fax output is fine (simplex - single sided) , duplex = nogo

Copier Guardian

Re: J41 DP-3030

Update; did the transport fix I found here, helped but then started jamming on multiple duplex. Turned out the Intermediate Actuator Flag on the fuser jam door was getting hung up and not returning to its home position causing a "jam" condition.

Replaced the jam access door on the fuser and good to go!

Phew.