Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

DP-C322 sorter inop.

A client just got a DP-C322 with a sorted that seems to cycle when the copier is turned on, but if I choose sort it just sits there when I try to copy. Works fine in non sort and copies look fine now that I have cleaned it. I am a mita / Samsung tech who also does A few color BizHubs, and B/W everything. No manual yet for this and not sure if Pana does a "reset disable" like the Mitas.
    Thanks
    Gar the Pilot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: DP-C322 sorter inop.

Are you selecting the number of copies you want. Maybe you have done it, but just something you may have overlook.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Can you post machine information printout in F9 mode,("function"+"copy"+"3" then "F9", then "print device settings" then "machine information") so we can see the installed finisher as well as any errors...
    If you select the finisher as exit tray, without sorting, does it works?

Gar the pilot

Smile Re: DP-C322 sorter inop.

I haven't tried the sort as the exit tray yet. I will next time I am there. I should be installing a Fax at the end of the week. She is in no hurry as the sorter is a bounes that came with the copier, and it was part of a debt collection. Way more copier that she needs and it came with lots of extra toner. She used a Canon PC6 before this Panasonic and a tiny HP for color printing.
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot

Flying season is coming up and off we go into the wild blue younder. Will fix copiers for Airplane fuel

Does it output to the finisher in non sort mode if you select it? Was the finisher detached when you installed it? Is the finisher a DA-FS320(small finisher) or a DA-FS325 saddle stitch finisher?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

As suggested, the F9 print out will show "NO" if the finisher is not detected.
    There is also a power supply (10) needed and the IPC board (9) that plugs into to EC board.
    Capture.JPG

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

According to the basic operations manual pg 34 , the functions below is avaliable.

Select a Finishing mode.

Optional Finisher is not installed.
    Sort, Rotate-Sort, Non Sort or Rotate-Group

copier operations manual pg. 47

Optional Finisher is installed.
    Shift-Sort, Shift-Group and Staple mode are available

So, apparently this machine can do limited sort function without a finisher. with finisher installed extended sort functions.
    Never knew this, untill i read the manual.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke