Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

workio 8020 no toner in the developer

The machine produces light print copies with developer dust on them. I changed the Assembly, Bottle Drive , cleaned all the bearings in developer section. The only thing left is to change L2DA00000126 Sensor, Toner . Also the toner waste is heavy and full of developer.
    Any suggestion ?
    thanks
    Nick

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: workio 8020 no toner in the developer

First check the values of F6 21 AND 26. i forgot now what is the normal range , but i believe 26 is usally 0 and 21 can be around 30, don't hold me to that. check on the tray, there is a chart that those are supposed to be written on when dev is setup. most techs do not do it though.

maybe someone out there know those average values. stopped working on panasonic few years now.

If these values are out of range, then your TDC will be incorrect and can have all kinds of density problems. if the values are both zero the you will have install new dev and setup again.

In fact, if you install a new tdc sensor , vac dev unit out and install new dev and " don't install toner " when you run f8-09. install torner after.

see the sm for proper setup of the dev unit if you are not sure or have not done it before.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technical Manager 50+ Posts Garp's Avatar

If dev dust is present on the pages change the developer. It's probably aged out, or non-original was used and machine can't calibrate as per normal.
    So clean the unit well do not leave any powder behind. Than reset the dev in the service menu F8-08 if I'm not mistakeing, but check it here: 301 Moved Permanently
    Do not mess with values, leave them on factory settings (Hopefully no one played with it before.)

Did you try to fill toner into the dev tank manually? Or by forced toner feed via the Function menu?

Technician

i have
    -changed ther dev 2 months ago (original)
    -changed the dev unit
    -changed the Assembly, Bottle Drive
    F6 21 = 27
    F6 26 = 0
    If i manually feed toner in the developer the copy is perfect with no dust but after some days the same problem again.
    Because the problem appeared latest in other 2 machines after 120k service kit i suspect that maybe there is something wrong with the latest toner or developer lot from panasonic.

Technical Manager 50+ Posts Garp's Avatar

it is quite common on these models that the toner hardens up because spending too much time sitting on a shelf. Did you shake it up well? If there are big chunks of toner in the bottle they can close the feed window.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nkprl View Post
    The machine produces light print copies with developer dust on them. I changed the Assembly, Bottle Drive , cleaned all the bearings in developer section. The only thing left is to change L2DA00000126 Sensor, Toner . Also the toner waste is heavy and full of developer.
    Any suggestion ?
    thanks
    Nick
    The problem happens on almost all 8020/16 series, it is a dumb design problem, when you pull the process unit , the toner feed in area will be totally
    full, preventing toner to feed in from the bottle. if you rotate the white gear ,the auger will turn and toner is fed into the developer tank and emptied the feed in area and can receive more toner from the toner bottle if necessary. at this point the copies will be printed correctly until the toner in the tank is exhausted.. the problem is the weak spring pushing on the dog cam on the tank side to engage the cam on the machine frame for the toner auger drive. clear all caked on toner that prevents the free movement of the cam so it can engage the drive cam on the machine side. look at the white cam at the back end of the dev tank and give it a few push and you will know what I meant. good luck.