Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: How is the stress level currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Stress, normally just slightly above zero but set to soar this week, we're about to tell the field techs that management has decided to fit them with GPS.

Excreta Inlido Ventilo!
    For what it is worth, I've had GPS tracking ever since the mothership gave us smart phones. From what I've seen, in the beginning there probably will be a learning curve, but depending on how the data provided by the GPS is used it might not be that bad. Overall it hasn't been too bad for me so far anyway, and it has helped me find my way around places I wasn't familiar with.
    Good luck, and if that's not an option I hope it doesn't suck for too long.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    How is the stress level currently?

Stress, normally just slightly above zero but set to soar this week, we're about to tell the field techs that management has decided to fit them with GPS.

Excreta Inlido Ventilo!
    Clearly your techs had better be where they claim to be, and just forget about prevarication. Sometimes the GPS does freak out. On one occasion one of our techs was being tracked out 20 miles off into the Atlantic Ocean east of North Carolina. The boss did call him just out of curiosity. We haven't even been issued our submarines yet. And we're in Michigan, thousands of miles from that location.

It's just part of the call assigning procedure now. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    ....... and it has helped me find my way around places I wasn't familiar with.
    Unfortunately its not so the guys can navigate their way around town its so management check on the number of kilometres they claim for work. Some guys have been taking the piss and claiming after hours and weekend driving as well. Even though the main offender was sacked after he was caught not being where he claimed he was 3 times in one week every one is going to be punished. It used to be a small friendly company where as long as all the jobs were cleared at the end of the day no one inquired to closely what you got up to during work hours. But now its grown and we have branches in other states and the new middle management is getting serious and everything has to be accounted for.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Excreta Inlido Ventilo!
    Ouch.... Thats going to add extra stress to the staff for sure... I would be interested to see how many take extra sick days when it gets implemented over time.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Clearly your techs had better be where they claim to be, and just forget about prevarication. Sometimes the GPS does freak out. On one occasion one of our techs was being tracked out 20 miles off into the Atlantic Ocean east of North Carolina. The boss did call him just out of curiosity. We haven't even been issued our submarines yet. And we're in Michigan, thousands of miles from that location.

It's just part of the call assigning procedure now. =^..^=
    The other way around trying to find places the google car could not get to. Like schools and clinics up in the mountains. Some places show up in the middle of a sugarcane field, or a dam. So u rely more on the locals intel to get to the place.

The phones i had was company issued smartphones with a control app on giving the service controllers all the info they need. Then there is no reception where they send you and no offline function. Where does it start to violate privacy?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Even though the main offender was sacked after he was caught not being where he claimed he was 3 times in one week every one is going to be punished. It used to be a small friendly company
    Isn't that a familiar story................and the POS that caused all this trouble doesn't give a rats ass about anyone else and how it affects them!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Here in Germany the Revenue Department forced me to use a GPS-Tracker for the company car so they can see if my kilometres are for business or private use. I NEVER use the car for private purposes. If rejected the GPS than they would have taxed me for 1% of the NEW car value including all options EVERY month even if it is a used car!

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Kind of sums it up

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats good! Hey tech, that arm going numb, maybe carrying the toolbox for years? My shoulder gets sore if I have to carry it for awhile, Stress? Being a tech for over 30 years and being an indy for over 28, stress is the least of what we go thru, or have been thru, now, its a lot easier, older, a little wiser, take things in stride and be thankful daily for what we have been given(worked for), when out on calls, drive out in the country and see people working their butts off hard and earning...well you get the meaning. We go in and do a 20-30 minute job and bill what that guy probably earns 3/4 of his day. Love what I do and well, hopefully another 5 years and I'm done. For the arm, do some cardiovascular moves, there are various things to do for that. Life is good.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

My stress comes from tourist avoidance atm , what with the Edinburgh Festival in full swing.

Give a man a hire car and all reason , spacial awareness and motor skills seem to go out the window.

Will need new brakes by September.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.