Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: How is the stress level currently?

I guess there are different kinds of stress. I came in this morning and was told the service manager was in the hospital for his heart. Later when I ask for an up date I was told that yesterday his heart stopped 3 times. His girlfriend who lives with him preformed cpr while waiting for an ambulance. It stopped 2 more times at the hospital. They lowered his body temp and induced coma to prevent brain damage while they stabilize him. Will not bring him out til tomorrow. He is the little brother of the owner and sales manager. My GM who has worked with him for almost 30 years is devastated. It puts things in perspective. Makes my problems seem like nothing. This is a problem that money can't make go away. I am hoping for the best. When you least expect it, life can reach out and bitch slap you. Got to remember what is really important.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    How is the stress level currently?

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I guess there are different kinds of stress. I came in this morning and was told the service manager was in the hospital for his heart. Later when I ask for an up date I was told that yesterday his heart stopped 3 times. His girlfriend who lives with him preformed cpr while waiting for an ambulance. It stopped 2 more times at the hospital. They lowered his body temp and induced coma to prevent brain damage while they stabilize him. Will not bring him out til tomorrow. He is the little brother of the owner and sales manager. My GM who has worked with him for almost 30 years is devastated. It puts things in perspective. Makes my problems seem like nothing. This is a problem that money can't make go away. I am hoping for the best. When you least expect it, life can reach out and bitch slap you. Got to remember what is really important.
    It really can make someone appreciate how petty their own grievances are. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

I went through that a year ago, when my SM had something similar. Fortunately he made a complete recovery, That along was worth the the stress I went through covering for him!!! Hope and prayers for his recovery...............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

The person I work for is a great guy. He has always treated us fair and helped me a lot. I have to admire the way he has held up since his baby brothers heart stopped over a week ago.. His brother has been in a coma every since, with no sign of ever coming out. As if things could not be worse, This past weekend another younger brother died. He got an infection and before he sought help, it had got into his blood stream.He had to go and bury one brother yesterday while thinking about probably having to do the same thing again this week or next. The fan on my ac for the home quit today. Seems rather minor by comparison.

As I walk into the shop, I have to pass the the empty work table of David, who will maybe never come back. He had his issues, but was a real tech and knew a great deal about his profession. The shop considered him indispensable, but we have opened every day he has been gone and will do so every day from here on. Those who love you may take a moment to grieve for you when you go, but nothing will slow down and the world will not miss a beat.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The person I work for is a great guy. He has always treated us fair and helped me a lot. I have to admire the way he has held up since his baby brothers heart stopped over a week ago.. His brother has been in a coma every since, with no sign of ever coming out. As if things could not be worse, This past weekend another younger brother died. He got an infection and before he sought help, it had got into his blood stream.He had to go and bury one brother yesterday while thinking about probably having to do the same thing again this week or next. The fan on my ac for the home quit today. Seems rather minor by comparison.

As I walk into the shop, I have to pass the the empty work table of David, who will maybe never come back. He had his issues, but was a real tech and knew a great deal about his profession. The shop considered him indispensable, but we have opened every day he has been gone and will do so every day from here on. Those who love you may take a moment to grieve for you when you go, but nothing will slow down and the world will not miss a beat.
    I'm really sad to hear about this, fix.

About a year back I stepped into the men's rest room to find one of our salesman leaning on the door of the toilet stall. He was white as a ghost and sweating profusely, and could barely speak for lack of breath. He said to me: "I think I need an ambulance ... ". I ran to the phone, and we had an ambulance within 5 minutes. The ambulance crew stabilized him in the bathroom, and carried him out about an hour later. His color looked a lot better by then. He came back about four months later, having lost 50#+, and looking a lot better. It was only by chance that I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and I think about that event nearly every time I go into a public restroom. =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'm really sad to hear about this, fix.

About a year back I stepped into the men's rest room to find one of our salesman leaning on the door of the toilet stall. He was white as a ghost and sweating profusely, and could barely speak for lack of breath. He said to me: "I think I need an ambulance ... ". I ran to the phone, and we had an ambulance within 5 minutes. The ambulance crew stabilized him in the bathroom, and carried him out about an hour later. His color looked a lot better by then. He came back about four months later, having lost 50#+, and looking a lot better. It was only by chance that I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and I think about that event nearly every time I go into a public restroom. =^..^=

You most likely saved his life. When David 's heart stopped, he must have fell backwards and hit his head. Swelling on the brain is what has kept him from pulling out of it.

Got word late last night that the service manager, David, died last night. He was a really good tech who did this for about 25+ years. He will never fix another one but we all wish he could. Don't be frustrated by a problem machine today, just be happy you are there to fix it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

i live in Sicily......1st day after holyday.....i'm only stressed if i see all the people on the beach when i go to work

Got word late last night that the service manager, David, died last night. He was a really good tech who did this for about 25+ years. He will never fix another one but we all wish he could. Don't be frustrated by a problem machine today, just be happy you are there to fix it.
    Sorry to hear about David. =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

You and his family have my condolences!!!!!!!!!! It's always sad to hear one of our own has passed...........
    Mystic Crystal Revelations