Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: How is the stress level currently?

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    My stress level comes and goes. Mostly it's from techs who call me up with mechanical problems expecting me to waive a magic wand thru the telephone. News flash morons, I'm not there, I can't see what you're seeing.

I overnight travel a lot. Typically 2 weeks a month on average. However I've been on the road in and out of hotels for the last 8 weeks straight, with another 6 to 8 weeks at a minimum to go. I talk to the boss at least twice a week, he's a cool guy. He and his boss, and his boss recently appeared out of nowhere at an account just to check on me, and to be able to look me in the eye to make sure I wasn't getting burned out. Took me out to dinner, gave me a pay raise (wasn't asking for one), I just got one on my yearly review recently and presented me with a bonus check of sorts I wasn't expecting.

I get home for most weekends to do laundry and partake in conjugal visits with the wife. LOL.

Being a road warrior isn't for everybody.

My wife would say to me how lucky I was to be working out of town every couple of weeks.
    She would complain to me --"look at all the lovely motels ,swimming pools, restaurants".
    She would find it hard to believe that you don't really enjoy it that much after doing it for a few years.
    I would have to explain to her that you're always : living out of an overnight bag; wash & iron your own cloths;
    arrive back at the motel at night like usual;
    have quick shower, an into the restaurant before it closed;
    then back to the lonely motel room for a night-cap(ok beer);
    an then lights out for any early morning start.

It is so exiting to be living out of motels .... yeah right....

Some out of town jobs we're okay if you finished the day early, especially the day when you're heading for home.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    My stress level comes and goes. Mostly it's from techs who call me up with mechanical problems expecting me to waive a magic wand thru the telephone. News flash morons, I'm not there, I can't see what you're seeing.

I overnight travel a lot. Typically 2 weeks a month on average. However I've been on the road in and out of hotels for the last 8 weeks straight, with another 6 to 8 weeks at a minimum to go. I talk to the boss at least twice a week, he's a cool guy. He and his boss, and his boss recently appeared out of nowhere at an account just to check on me, and to be able to look me in the eye to make sure I wasn't getting burned out. Took me out to dinner, gave me a pay raise (wasn't asking for one), I just got one on my yearly review recently and presented me with a bonus check of sorts I wasn't expecting.

I get home for most weekends to do laundry and partake in conjugal visits with the wife. LOL.

Being a road warrior isn't for everybody.

2 pay raises and a bonus? That would help out my stress. I know money isn't everything, but I tried telling my creditors how much they mean to me and how much I care about them. They said they would rather have the money.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    How is the stress level currently?

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    well its 4 am and i am reading and replying to some old posts. maybe insomnia ?
    Well, it is 3 am here; got up for some "breakfast", and I am replying to 'new' posts only. I consider it, in my case, old age.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Well, it is 3 am here; got up for some "breakfast", and I am replying to 'new' posts only. I consider it, in my case, old age.

Not sure about the old age there, the baby suppose to wake at 3. sure you did not get kicked out the bed.
    Today is timing belt, plugs, air filter, pcv valve and toyota coolant quote from the , maybe that's why i was up trying to come up with a total. And that is for a 2005 lexus es330 . oh and i did the rear brake and rotors yesterday. whew..
    In the usa the parts are much cheaper than us. amazon usa has really great prices on auto parts and oem too.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Not sure about the old age there, the baby suppose to wake at 3. sure you did not get kicked out the bed.
    Today is timing belt, plugs, air filter, pcv valve and toyota coolant quote from the , maybe that's why i was up trying to come up with a total. And that is for a lexus es330
    I

Ouch, that's why I drive a cheap turd.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I

Ouch, that's why I drive a cheap turd.

Would not trade this car for another. The ride and comfort level is worth the dollars and they run well. ask anyone who drive a lexus, you cannot go back. It is not recommeded for a service car though, but it can handle it easily. This car is built on the camry platform, therefore parts are compatable and online shopping today has reduced cost significantly. you just have to do the homework and get the right ones.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke