Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Proud mum moment

As a lot of you know, my son entered politics this year when he was elected as a councillor, I may disagree with most of his views, but that doesn't stop my pride. I do, however, agree with him on most human rights issues, including the current refugee crisis.
    He attended the Labour Party conference this week, and I recorded this speech of his when it was aired on BBC parliament.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Proud mum moment

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    As a lot of you know, my son entered politics this year when he was elected as a councillor, I may disagree with most of his views, but that doesn't stop my pride. I do, however, agree with him on most human rights issues, including the current refugee crisis.
    He attended the Labour Party conference this week, and I recorded this speech of his when it was aired on BBC parliament.
    ... Enjoy.....
    Like the first mmmuma, ddddada.
    Like the first baby steps....
    Like the first -- NOOOO....
    Like the first -- Mum,Dad I scored my first goal at football...
    Like the first -- You get your @ss back home by sundown young man or else.
    Like the first -- P!ss off you can't have the car keys, as he drives away with his girlfriend.
    Like the first -- Mum,Dad I got into university or I got the apprenticeship.

Ah... moments....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Ah, the wonder of leadership. I have some small knowledge of that when I was probably in the Reserves back in the day (not even close to the level of leadership he has taken on though), and I wish him well.
    Also, well done raising him, you deserve some kudos here too.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Proud mum moment

Congratulations on raising an intelligent self sufficient adult. We need more adults like him. You have every right to be proud. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

looks like the apple;
    is very close to the tree.

The thoughtfulness of prodigy never seem to mind what they say or do the older they get.

It seems my Birthday was not totally forgotten. My thoughtful elderly sons decided it most appropriate to throw the old man out of a perfectly good airplane at 12000ft just this weekend. Hmmm... the thoughtful little sh!ts.... I survived the Jump. I cleared the lungs out and the Heart arteries out on the way down and landed safely flat on my bum. The pride and nerves are still in tact. They even paid extra money for a video of the jump so they could get the last laugh...

And so it is, I've ticked one more off my bucket list....
    So now I just have to bungee jump and tight-rope walk between two buildings. ahhh yeah...maybe in the next life, skydiving was enough...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The thoughtfulness of prodigy never seem to mind what they say or do the older they get.

It seems my Birthday was not totally forgotten. My thoughtful elderly sons decided it most appropriate to throw the old man out of a perfectly good airplane at 12000ft just this weekend. Hmmm... the thoughtful little sh!ts.... I survived the Jump. I cleared the lungs out and the Heart arteries out on the way down and landed safely flat on my bum. The pride and nerves are still in tact. They even paid extra money for a video of the jump so they could get the last laugh...

And so it is, I've ticked one more off my bucket list....
    So now I just have to bungee jump and tight-rope walk between two buildings. ahhh yeah...maybe in the next life, skydiving was enough...
    I hope you enjoyed it, part of me would love to do a skydive, and part of me says NO WAY
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I hope you enjoyed it, part of me would love to do a skydive, and part of me says NO WAY
    I was thinking very much the same. I said to the instructor before we took off,"I would like to apologise now for any bowel motion during the jump"..

It was a heck of a lot of fun and laughs going up and coming down.

Definately not for the faint hearted, but if you feel the urge, give it a go before you push up daisy's in the great green pasture.

I now have another certificate that states that I'm an "offically nuts adreneline junky".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Proud mum moment

Children can be such a disappointment to you, mine works in advertising, insists on polluting perfectly good scotch whiskey with coke and thinks BMW's are good cars. And not only that the little bugger earns more than me and has his own parking spot.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Proud mum moment

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    . My thoughtful elderly sons decided it most appropriate to throw the old man out of a perfectly good airplane at 12000ft just this weekend. Hmmm....
    When I hit 60 last year I was asked what I wanted to do for my birthday and I was quiet adamant that I didn't want to be thrown out of an airplane for everyone else's enjoyment. Paying $300+ to be terrified for 30 seconds doesn't seem like fun to me.
    Every weekend we watch the tandem sky divers jump over my suburb and land on the beach, you can hear the girls scream from 10,000 feet. Our office manager did it and says she threw up half way down, I was wondering what that gunk was I had to scrape off the solar panels.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.