Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explain that

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Explain that

I don't know this machine but I feel for your frustration with it.

You may like to try a MacGuyer bandaid as a last attempt :
    Remove the feed rollers off the shaft a run few layers of insulation tape around the metal shaft, then refit the feed rollers back on the modified shaft. The bandaid modification will increase the feed roller diameter an increase the feed and separation timing. I've done this with a couple of machines over the years to increase the life of the machine; when the customer refuses to buy parts or replace the machine.

You may like to post a couple of images to the forum,somebody may pickup on something for you to try.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Explain that

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I don't know this machine but I feel for your frustration with it.

You may like to try a MacGuyer bandaid as a last attempt :
    Remove the feed rollers off the shaft a run few layers of insulation tape around the metal shaft, then refit the feed rollers back on the modified shaft. The bandaid modification will increase the feed roller diameter an increase the feed and separation timing. I've done this with a couple of machines over the years to increase the life of the machine; when the customer refuses to buy parts or replace the machine.

You may like to post a couple of images to the forum,somebody may pickup on something for you to try.

HTH

I use Heat Shrink Tube for that.....

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I installed a new roller and adjusted the retard pad until I got it to work. A good 30 minutes of moving the adjustment screw a bit, run some and adjust it some more. I left it working.

A few days ago I got another explain that. A church school has a Bizhub 42 and had poor print quality. They put about 150,000 a year on this thing. Had 319,000 on it. I changed the drum and developer that had gone almost 200,000. Regular prints were fine. Thick stock that they print report cards on looked bad. I ask if they were programming it for thick stock. They looked confused. I showed them how and then the cards looked perfect.

"We never had to do that before"

"Don't care. The operators manual says you are supposed to. When in doubt, RTFM" I actually didn't say the last part out loud, it is a church school, but I was thinking it real loud.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking