Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

your most liked brand

Under the heading " ABOUT ME " , in the subscriber profile, questinons are asked and one is the most hated brand.

Just curious to know the opposite of that question. What is your most liked brand and why ? anyone care to say, please do so. specifically referring to copiers and printers.

mine is kyocera. because easy to setup, firmware is super fast, bulletins are listed on their login website and parts are easy to source. repairs procedures are fairly good and good service manuals. tech support when i have to use them are decent and our local service support rep is good. warranty is fantastic.
    Reliability----- they have come a long way and is improving.
    Last edited by subaro; 10-20-2015 at 03:53 AM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: your most liked brand

mine is kyocera. because easy to setup, firmware is super fast, bulletins are listed on their login website and parts are easy to source. repairs procedures are fairly good and good service manuals. tech support when i have to use them are decent and our local service support rep is good. warranty is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I agree wth almost all of the above, but, PLEASE, their new system to search for QA's is even worse than it was. In the past, at least there was a brief description of what the QA was about. Now it's impossible to search and then you have to open each one separately to see if it deals with anything you're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    mine is kyocera. because easy to setup, firmware is super fast, bulletins are listed on their login website and parts are easy to source. repairs procedures are fairly good and good service manuals. tech support when i have to use them are decent and our local service support rep is good. warranty is fantastic.
    I agree wth almost all of the above, but, PLEASE, their new system to search for QA's is even worse than it was. In the past, at least there was a brief description of what the QA was about. Now it's impossible to search and then you have to open each one separately to see if it deals with anything you're looking for[/QUOTE]

Yep, absolutely correct. at least i can login to that QA site now, had problems in the last few months, but they rectified it. They posted that they fixed that anyway. The database that they are using looks like it is 20 years behind, but at least there is one and playing around with it you can narrow your searches.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    your most liked brand

The problem is that ones most liked brand or at least model can change from time to time as new products come on the market. It can also change when you change places of employment and are introduced to entire new, at least for you, product lines.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

As a lot of techs work for single brand dealers or direct for the manufacture, your poll might be skewed. Usually people "like" what they are familiar with, and dislike what they don't know. That holds true for me as I work on Konica the most and like most of their stuff.

It would be great if we could take the best features from each brand and build the best copier. For example, Ricoh waste toner boxes are easy to empty. Konica drums are easy to change and can go double their life. HP firmware is real easy to install.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    your most liked brand

I don't ever seem to have the option to choose what I work on. Today we're working on Sharp, ... or Kip, ... or Kyocera, ... or Toshiba.

In the end you spend most of your time on the machines that run the worst. So it serves no purpose to hate them, or like them. Just find a way to coexist with them.

Sorry subaro, this is my best non-answer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Ok guys, i get you point. I apparently did not thought of advertising or political correctness. I assure you i don't work for a manufacturer. And i see in one's profile there is a question for favorite manufacture, so i will look there.
    I know there are lot of seen it all techs out there and just trying to get a feel of their preference on an overall brand. I have not worked on many, but my preference and why i have listed in all honesty.

thanks for the input anyway.

The non political answer is, you all have preferences and likes, but rather not post it on a forum. that's understandable.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    your most liked brand

It's not political correctness. I just think that it doesn't serve any purpose to hate or like the machines you see the most. It's not even some misguided attempt at fairness. I work on what the company wants me to.

I hear other tech whine: "Damn! I have to work on a (fill in brand here)!" and it just makes no sense to me to choose favorites when you have not choice in the end.

Am I expressing this poorly? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's not political correctness. I just think that it doesn't serve any purpose to hate or like the machines you see the most. It's not even some misguided attempt at fairness. I work on what the company wants me to.

I hear other tech whine: "Damn! I have to work on a (fill in brand here)!" and it just makes no sense to me to choose favorites when you have not choice in the end.

Am I expressing this poorly? =^..^=
    Not at all blackcat. It's just that this is what we do everyday and at the end of the day it is a job like it or not and if i want to get paid better do it and well.
    That said, on a sentimental side of things for example, i like the ease with which i can get into kyocera service mode, execute a command and reboot that machine within two minutes. It's just a preference i like better than other brands and i see nothing wrong in stating that.
    So it is not like a competition of which brand is better that another, is which you like and why. I hope you see my point.
    analogy, you drive a car, but have drove others, you like how one performs from another, their dealer service ect. little different, but hope to get what i am saying.
    One guy suggest it was a poll. definitely not a poll.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    your most liked brand

I'll put my 2 cents in; Sharp has been consistent with test commands, and error codes throughout their families of copiers. I can't speak for all repairs ( I do mostly setups, and shop repairs), but overall, Sharps are fairly easy to work on.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --