Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crash!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I totaled 1 dodge pick up, delivery trailer, 2 Bizhub 601, 1 Bizhub 751, and 3 finishers last month.

Way to raise the bar. I would have to crash into the showroom to top that.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

2 accidents due to horse play...
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    2 accidents due to horse play...
    Allan, you need to go see a shrink.

Last year on making a left turn, i got hit on my right rear door. The car was written off and i had just put in a used engine and transmission lexus es300. liked that car, 18 years and no rust. one other accident 10 years ago.
    But i get cold sweat and SHIVERS UP THE SPINE when i think about the misses. don't even want to go there. Only to say to the younger guys, when you go to the bar and had a few or more than a few, call a cab or let someone drive. I never wanted to leave my car when i went to the bar, but my judgement in retrospect was wrong to take the wheels. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE is the moral here.

IT's been 15 years and sober as a bee, thanks to the new nature of seeing the truth of this life.
    Last edited by subaro; 10-27-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

35 years on the road, not a scratch. I'm pretty sure the trick is, don't run into stuff. :P
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Crash!

Been on the road for work for 45 years now, a few minor bumps but have only written off one car and unfortunately it was Mrs Lagonda beloved Triumph. No injuries from the impact but when I got home...............

And a tip from my speedway days, when your sliding down the track on your roof its a waste of time putting your foot on the brake.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    ... And a tip from my speedway days, when your sliding down the track on your roof its a waste of time putting your foot on the brake.
    That also goes for short air flights. If the wheels aren't touching the ground it doesn't help to have both feet pressing the brake hard to the floor.

I should have installed the air brakes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Two totals. Wore out 5 or 6.

Let's see if I can remember:
    1980 Mercury Lynx, 1990 Astro Van (with 250K miles), (4) Ford Festivas, 1996 Ford Aspire, 2000 Kia, 2008 Scion Xb.
    I'm currently wearing down a 2012 Ford Fusion.

If I were to give a recommendation I would say, Avoid sleep driving. Get an absolute minimum of 6 hours of sleep for 13 hours on the road. All the caffeine in the world cannot keep you awake without a minimum amount of sleep.

Simple math ~ 1.3M miles / 9 vehicles = 144K per vehicle. It just doesn't make any sense that we are called service technicians. I spend more time driving. =^..^=

Mr. blackcat, just wanted to ask. how are the ford fusion performance. I like the looks of the newer models, but don't know anyone who drives one. what's your take on gas milage and comfort level ?. Does it make a good tech car ?.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Crash!

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Mr. blackcat, just wanted to ask. how are the ford fusion performance. I like the looks of the newer models, but don't know anyone who drives one. what's your take on gas milage and comfort level ?. Does it make a good tech car ?.
    It's definitely not a truck, but it's comfortable and reliable. At 110K all we've done is tires, brakes, and oil changes. It accelerates well when you need it to. The only criticism I might make is at low acceleration there is a brief hesitation in which the car slows, then picks back up. It doesn't happen every time, and it's subtle enough that I haven't asked to have it addressed. I'll wait until there is a real problem.

I get 30 MPG all day long. If it had a little more space I'd find a way to fill it, I'm sure. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's definitely not a truck, but it's comfortable and reliable. At 110K all we've done is tires, brakes, and oil changes. It accelerates well when you need it to. The only criticism I might make is at low acceleration there is a brief hesitation in which the car slows, then picks back up. It doesn't happen every time, and it's subtle enough that I haven't asked to have it addressed. I'll wait until there is a real problem.

I get 30 MPG all day long. If it had a little more space I'd find a way to fill it, I'm sure. =^..^=
    The hesitation is probably the CVT that is often in most modern cars.

I rented a Toyota Corolla last summer, while driving on the highway at 75mph at <1k rpm getting 65mpg, seemed like the car wasn't even running. Suddenly having to accelerate from lower speeds to highways the rpm would almost always jump way up but drop way down once getting up to the speed. It can make the car seem like it's never going to change gears either.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Crash!...ULTIMATE SERVICE VEHICLE!!!

CHEERS!