Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Because I am stoopid

And if the coffee isn't hot enough, blame the copier

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulrid View Post
    It's amazing how the photocopier is to blame for everything that goes wrong in offices.
    is it not?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A soon to be news story....

Copy repairman arrested in assault. Local police have arrested a copy repair tech and charged him with 2 counts of simple assault. Police report states that two coworkers in a local business began striking each other after one of them became irritated when the copier began jamming. The coworkers stated that it was the same jam they reported last week, but the machine wouldn't jam while the tech was there. Police said if the tech had been better at his job, the assault would not have happened. The tech was at the shop when the assault happened.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Customer phone and complained that the machine would not receive faxes.
    Drove a round trip of 250 km to load paper!
    Best is alway "the machine does not want to turn on" go there to plug it in!
    "Computer continues to make a beeping tone" go there to remove the stapler from the keyboard.
    "machine makes blank copies" explain that the paper must be turned around for it to work.

I wonder how many half used toner bottles gets thrown out for no reason. If the machine makes light prints the toner goes. If there is a line the toner goes, even if it does not print the toner goes.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

had a call last week, customer complained that the drum needed replacing on their konicaminolta, and because it needed replacing only her PC couldn't print, everybody else's did....attended on site, and asked her to show me....she pressed "ctrl P" on her keyboard and sure enough ...nothing happened....checked her PC, her keyboard wasn't plugged in.....she'd waited over an hour for me to attend....apparently she hadn't tried to type anything, as she couldn't print...so she went on youtube to listen to music
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Since the server is usually hidden somewhere, I think they sometimes see the copier as some kind of a robot god that is capable of taking over the office. I expect to walk into an office and see all the natives on the floor bowing down to the copier god who is displeased and shutting down the office
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    And if the coffee isn't hot enough, blame the copier
    Actually, that isn't too far off from what I got to see back in the analog days. Back then there was a larger Konica, probably a 5080 or a 7090 S that had document feeder jams every morning, and it turned out that some guy put his doughnut on the glass and made a bunch of copies to warm it up. The frosting the doughnut left on the glass was what caused the jams.
    Some people are just too clever for their own good, I guess. Or a service plan anyway.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 11-03-2015 at 02:16 AM.