Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you agree?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    the job isnt bad, somewhat rewarding when you have done it for a bit.(like 5+ yrs)

What i dont appreciate is office politics, awful ego antics, and the "race to the bottom" market trends.

Is this human nature that most or all of us inherit ? or is this a learned behaviour. After all, this has been going on for millennium. how do we change this and who to look for the examples. As it is often said. BE NICE.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

I do agree. Not as busy and profitable as the 90's but still a good living. With the wonderful weather last week I took the week off and went up north to Traverse City to enjoy out of season deals and the calm before the weather gets bad here in Michigan. Nothing planned just go. Usually can't do that working for somebody else!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    always come in on time, give my 8 plus hours five days a week. and don't complain. its just me though, and i have never worked in a office with more than one other guy. now i work as the only tech and have no help if i get stuck on something.

From the two statements above, i don't think he really hates this type of work. I guess he has always worked alone and has no one to share in his problem/solution situations in troubleshooting ect. He said he can fix anything and has been in this type of work for a while now, otherwise his pay would not be good .
    But in my suggestion to him, he has to move on and seek out what may suite him or be stuck in the same situation.
    Maybe there are techs out there in similar situations, but must give him the credit to speak out to this community here, so others may know that they are not alone.

I think also, that he reads this thread and others and see techs sharing their ideas and he wants to be a part of that in his work environment. I also think he can be assured that the people here will assist him with problems and questions he may have regarding troubleshooting and others.
    you hit the nail on the head. i hate doing it all myself. i have been in the field for 16 years now and have absolutely no training, manuals or help whatsoever. except for google, Canon and this site im alone. when i started i was given a vacuum, (which i still use) and a tool bag. here is your service calls have a good time. i can and do fix 95 percent of my service calls with only a little google. its when that 5 percent come in and im a week behind because of one machine and i literally have no to bounce ideas or thoughts on. just let me sit and refurbish fusers and machines all day. plus my job does not stop at outside service. i also do installs, assemble new machines, refurb old machines, inventory, and order parts i need. also research sometime for hours. i know my spelling and grammar are not great. but when im just writing on a message bored call rants and raves i dont always proof read.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Is this human nature that most or all of us inherit ? or is this a learned behaviour. After all, this has been going on for millennium. how do we change this and who to look for the examples. As it is often said. BE NICE.
    i dont really care whether they learnt or inherit, they are bad bad people. Why is it so hard to be nice for some.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    i dont really care whether they learnt or inherit, they are bad bad people. Why is it so hard to be nice for some.
    well, lets ask the question. kids, they are innocent enough right. but some can be docile and some drive their parents crazy. why is this.

"Why is it so hard to be nice for some." if this happens then we would have UTOPIA.

It all begins at the home, and sometimes the training has to be tough, but the results is well worth the efforts. The saying also, cannot teach an old dog new tricks, but if they are trained when a puppy, much success.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke